HR-20-700 searching won't stop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
How do you get this reciever to stop searching? I have booted it up 3 or 4 times and that always shows up. I was hooking up an antenna just to try and get a local pbs station here, but it never could find the digital signal and I can't get it to stop!

Lem52

How do you get this reciever to stop searching? I have booted it up 3 or 4 times and that always shows up. I was hooking up an antenna just to try and get a local pbs station here, but it never could find the digital signal and I can't get it to stop!

Lem52

What is it searching for? Satellite? Do you have the antenna hooked directly into the box or did diplex it into the line? If you used a diplexer, you cannot do that. I don't know if it will cause the searching screen but it may.

It was searching for the ota pbs signal. I was just trying it with rabbit ears and ran the connection to the off air- in port. I was just playing around with it. The PBS signal on D is very compressed and we have a local PBS 5 miles from me but the transmitter is about 15 miles away or so.

I just need a better antenna for that as rabbit ears are not powerful enough but I had an amp hooked to it.

Lem52

There is a humming sound very faint and the reciever is vibrating lightly. Is there a fan in there and or is it normal for that to be going on?

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)