HR 22 skip issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schilla

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
GA
Greetings -

I have a HR 22 (brand new one that was sent in as a replacement for a dead HR 20) which seems to be acting up when I skip forward or backwards. Every time I hit on one of the skip buttons the volume of a previously recorded program or a live delayed program the volume shuts off completely. The only way I can restore the volume is to either change channels (which works sometimes) or by stopping and starting the receiver itself. I have another HR 21 which does not seem to have the same issue and both of them have the same firmware.

Has this issue ever been reported or discussed? Do bad cables contribute to this issue in any way?

The issue is not on the remote it's on the receiver itself. I have a Harmony that I use with my setup and it works fine.

How about the off-shot that you were sent a reconditioned receiver? I'd look on the receiver itself to find out if it has one of those stickers slapped on it. If it is, it could be an issue that was never resolved when it was initially received from the field.

I've been experiencing something similar to this, and found it was my TV that was the problem. Are you using an HDMI connection? I've used HDMI for both my VIP622 when I had E* and my PS3 and never experienced this until I got an HR-22 when I switched to D*. Now every once in a while I'll jump forward or backward and no sound. If I change inputs on my TV I'll hear a click through the speakers and when I switch back the sound works again. I'm not sure why this only happens with my H-22 and I've never had any problems like this before. I have a Toshiba DLP television, just wondering if you have a Toshiba as well.

Yes, I do use HDMI all the way through to the TV. I have a year old 60" Pioneer Elite connected to my Elite AV receiver via HDMI and another HDMI coming in from the HR-22. I've had the same set up until recently when my HR-20 died. Then they sent me a reconditioned reciever which was a HR-21 that had a similar issue and I sent it back and then D* sent me a brand new HR-22. So I'm starting to wonder if it is all related to the wiring and not the recivers itself. I may swap my HR-21 in the other room with the HR-22 to eliminate any possibilities of a faulty reciever.

I suspect that the AV receiver is turning off the audio because it has momentarily lost the input. So changing channels can fix it. Do try the HR21/HR22 swap. Also connect the HR22 directly to the TV as a test.

Yes, I do use HDMI all the way through to the TV. I have a year old 60" Pioneer Elite connected to my Elite AV receiver via HDMI and another HDMI coming in from the HR-22. I've had the same set up until recently when my HR-20 died. Then they sent me a reconditioned reciever which was a HR-21 that had a similar issue and I sent it back and then D* sent me a brand new HR-22. So I'm starting to wonder if it is all related to the wiring and not the recivers itself. I may swap my HR-21 in the other room with the HR-22 to eliminate any possibilities of a faulty reciever.

I think your on to something,
Let us know what the rec. swap finds, I am still using a HR20-700 with HDMI cables, make sure the connections are tight since your going thru everything.
I too have a 60" Pioneer Elite and love it. They have the HDMI connections on the TV up underneath, mine fit tight, I like this idea, as you no longer have the issue of your cable not hanging out from the back of the TV, like the rec end does, much better connection that way.
Looks much neater as well.

Jimbo

I think I may have resolved my issue. I forced a software upgrade onto my HR22 by hitting 02468 on my remote after pressing the red reset button in the front and after the first Hello screen is displayed. After the upgrade was complete I tested several scenarios which caused the volume issues in the past, such as recording another HD/SD program while accessing a previously recorded program and skipping that forward and backwards several times and accessing a recording and fast forwarding. I've had no problems since last night so I've got my fingers crossed and hoping this was the solution to that nasty issue that caused all the headaches.

Thanks for all suggestions !!

Cheers!!

I think I may have resolved my issue. I forced a software upgrade onto my HR22 by hitting 02468 on my remote after pressing the red reset button in the front and after the first Hello screen is displayed. After the upgrade was complete I tested several scenarios which caused the volume issues in the past, such as recording another HD/SD program while accessing a previously recorded program and skipping that forward and backwards several times and accessing a recording and fast forwarding. I've had no problems since last night so I've got my fingers crossed and hoping this was the solution to that nasty issue that caused all the headaches.

Thanks for all suggestions !!

Cheers!!
Glad to see you have it potentially figured out. :up
Let us know if anything else pops up.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Reception Problem

Top Movies are a gyp!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)