HR 34 REPLACEMENT POLICY 01/22/16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This thread has me wondering. I currently do not have a Genie -- have been out-of-contract for several years and likely could get a free upgrade. What is unclear though is if there's a good chance I would be sent an HR34. Knowing my luck, that's what I would get. If they are freely replacing 34s with 44s, and there is talk here that the 34 has been "discontinued," is it known whether or not they are still shipping out 34s?

They have retired the HR34, AFAIK, it isn't being shipped at all.

Thanks for the good news. I will call them soon and then see what I get. Was not in the mood to be surprised when a crusty HR34 arrived at my door ...

Well, I called. Free Genie? No problem. Will it be an HR44? They could not say. Unfortunately, they also informed me that it could not be shipped, as they needed to send out a tech. That's a deal-breaker for me, mainly because I'm a "mover." Oh well.

Well, I called. Free Genie? No problem. Will it be an HR44? They could not say. Unfortunately, they also informed me that it could not be shipped, as they needed to send out a tech. That's a deal-breaker for me, mainly because I'm a "mover." Oh well.
What did you expect ?
There's a lot different between what your using and what is used now, newer dish, lnb, power inserter ect.

Didn't really expect anything. My system is currently configured for SWM, using just one DVR, so I thought it would be a fairly simple plug-n-play swap. Guess I was wrong -- my apologies.

I'm a "mover" too, and I got the HR44 ordered via the online chat (and mentioned the HR44 by name). Was quick and easy, and they mailed it to my billing address. I was slightly alarmed when I got the confirmation email listing my service address, but I called and they were indeed sending it to the billing address.

I'm a "mover" too, and I got the HR44 ordered via the online chat (and mentioned the HR44 by name). Was quick and easy, and they mailed it to my billing address. I was slightly alarmed when I got the confirmation email listing my service address, but I called and they were indeed sending it to the billing address.

Thanks for the info. I may try the chat route if I get in the right mood. It's not really that big of a deal to me -- just figured if it was easy to get with a quick phone call, I'd give it a try. My situation might be different because I have always purchased and installed the dishes and LNBs myself, so they have nothing in their system that tells them what I have, other than the receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.