HR10-250 6.3 Software Announcement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Might want to post a copy of move this into the DirecTV DVR section as well, most of the DVR users will look for that info there.

I don't know -- I guess this is good news. It probably means the new MPEG 4 HD DVR is more delayed than originally thought.

OK ..I have 2 HR10-250's both with software that starts with 3.1..... I dont think this upgrade is for the HD-DVR's only the SD-DVR's and one of my units is only 5 weeks old...

If you read the whole story it states that this upgrade is for the HD DVR.....

Gen Custer said:
anyone receive it yet?

How do we force the upgrade?
----------
I think there will be lots of posts when it starts to rollout. D* will push it out
via Sat. over the next several weeks in various area's(probably to avoid lots of
trouble calls from all over). For most of us, no need to take any action, it will
d/l automatic. (for all those who may argue NO the update comes via phone)
please note that the usual case is in the INITAL rollouts, the update is pushed
via sat to your H/D...Later(6months?) it is via phone. If you have a hacked unit you can check in the MFS under /SwSystem (?) to see if you have yet downloaded the software via the satellite. Then the phone call connection, will "authorize" the box to apply the update. For the rest of us,if you view system info that there is an indicator like "pending update" that will let you know that the download is ready and waiting:)

moonman said:
If you have a hacked unit you can check in the MFS under /SwSystem (?) to see if you have yet downloaded the software via the satellite.
Yeah, once it is reported that the upgrade is there, everyone will be forcing daily calls.:D

Last edited:
herdfan said:
Yeah, once it is reported that the upgrade is there, everyone will be forcing daily calls.:D
----------
Hoax???? I see D* has taken the upgrade announcment page down, and the
CSR's are said to be telling people that there is no upgrade available. Could this
be some cruel hoax??(Hope not)!!:eek:

What exactly will the software upgrade accomplish? Just installed 2 new HR10-250's a couple of weeks ago and wondering what the new software will do.

rob1 said:
What exactly will the software upgrade accomplish? Just installed 2 new HR10-250's a couple of weeks ago and wondering what the new software will do.

Main benefit = faster guide.

But I have my doubts about whether this update actually exists.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)