Status
Please reply by conversation.

bscoles

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2004
Joplin, MO
Has anyone experienced the hr10-250 hanging on a local channel.

One Channel, the local ABC affiliate, has lots of glitches while watching. The only affiliate that is 'perfect' is the NBC affiliate... a shame since they don't broadcast any HD content. The PBS feed only glitches occasionally. I'm less than 2 miles from the towers for ABC, NBC and PBS. All the towers are the same bearing. The CBS affiliate is also in the same bearing, but is about 13 miles away, they are also the only one to broadcast their digital signal on vhf ch 13. They tend to come and go according to weather. I have an outdoor antenna that shoots right through a 2 story brick building with a bunch of steel right next door to me, so I have multi-path issues.

With the updated software -6.3b, If I leave it on the ABC channel for any length of time the Hr10-250 gets really un-responsive, eventually leading to the point where I have to unplug the unit and restart to gain control back. None of the other channels cause this. It also does the same with a Zenith Silver Sensor antenna as well.

The digital tuner in my TV & HD tuner drops signal/tiles/etc. in the same way as the Hr10-250, but they don't hang or become un-responsive.

Any opinions on the cause? Is it simply the multi-path? Could they have their encoders configured in some way that makes Hr10-250 unhappy?

The only local affiliates that forged ahead with HDTV content were PBS and CBS. Both ABC and NBC have been apathetic and appear to be only doing what is absolutely required to comply with digital broadcast requirements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)