HR10-250 HDMI Problem NOT Resolved?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kvchief

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
Well, I'm sad to say, but after about six months of flawless operation, it appears that my HDMI port may have gone bad. I purchased my unit from Robert at VE back in early February '05. It was supposedly one of the good builds with the problem resolved. I have switched to component which seems to be working fine. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I would like to get it fixed, but I don't want to lose my recordings and I really don't want to get someone else's repaired, used equipment. I have not yet contacted Robert (unless he's reading this post!).

For those who are curious, when it happened the picture color was all goofed up and showed a lot of red (something was missing evidently). I played around with reconnecting the HDMI (to DVI) cable and it almost seemed loose. I could never get it to reliably give me a picture--then I couldn't get a picture at all. I would be willing to first try another cable if Robert can provide that, but I don't think that's the issue.

Any advice?

Did you try another HDMI source on your TV just to make sure it is the HD TiVo and not your HDTV?

Scrib said:
Did you try another HDMI source on your TV just to make sure it is the HD TiVo and not your HDTV?

I don't have any other HDMI or DVI sources. However, the TV menus all looked fine. It definitely was a source issue. It appeared to be an issue with the HR10-250.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did do a bit of troubleshooting, but I was limited as I don't have other HR10-250's sitting around.

riggscm said:
if you think its the Tivo I'd call up VE and see what they have to say

Good advice for attempting to get it resolved. I guess I'm a little troubled by the fact that this was supposed to be a unit that didn't have the problem (as Robert himself had indicated). Nothing against Robert, but it just concerns me that maybe the issue is still happening. I'm not sure if I want to play HR10-250 roulette.

However, I have sent an email to Robert. I'll see what he is able to do.

Awaiting Replacement

After speaking with Robert at VE, I have decided to ask for a replacement receiver. Just FYI, the build date of my box was Dec 12, 2004.

Hopefully the new one will work.

In the meantime, I'm settling for component which still looks quite good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.