HR10-250 Just Reboots on its Own

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatPilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Anyone else have this problem? I've had this unit for two years, no problems, then I start doing a daily call to see if I can get 6.3 and now this.

Every 30 min or so the unit shuts down and reboots on its own. D* is sending a new unit out to me (perhaps it will be a HR20, i asked and they said no but who knows).

Here is what worked for me

I had this same probelm the unit it would reboot itself for no reason and it was becoming painfully slower than normal. After reading the tivo community forum they suggested doing a celar and delete of all my season passes and the to do list. I did this and it worked like a charm. Think of it as defragging the hard drive of the machine. The clear and delete command takes about an hour when you start it so it is best to start it when you go to bed for the evening. It is under the settings section of the tivo. Plus all of your shows in your now playing list remain intact. You will have to reinput all of your season passes

Trevor

thx trehutch.

D* is fedex'ing a new one (i do not know if it will be a hr10-250 or an hr20). i will report back today/tomorrow when it arrives.

raymo721 said:
Had the same problem here a few months ago. Cleared and Deleted and its worked fine ever since. Still waiting for 6.2.--Ray

well they sent another 10-250.....mine has been acting fine since. i am holding out until D* calls me asking if i shipped back my old 10-250.

My H10 does this....not every 30 minutes (but I don't watch it that often) but does happen ocassionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)