HR10-250 OTA signal strength indicator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Okay, lots of experience with the r10, h10, and h20, but new to the hr10-250. When I go to test the OTA signal strength, it allows me to check channels from 2-69, but not sub-channels like 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, etc etc. Well, no one here broadcasts digital signals on 2, 4, 7, etc, just the subchannels. I am getting the signals and the receiver shows these channels in my guide with the appropriate guide information, but I'm blindly pointing my antenna without being able to check the signal strengths.

It's clearly something I'm doing wrong.

What is it?

The channels 2-69 are the actual channels. Perfect example, here in Denver, channel 9 (KUSA) is broadcast on the FCC channel frequency 16, that is how it finds it and the TiVo puts it in your guide as channels 9-1 & 9-2. Just scan and save.

im pretty sure that you have to be on the digital channel ( ex. 6.1 - 7.1 - 10.1 ) when you actually do the OTA test and it will check that specific channel:hatsoff:

No, slacker is correct -- the "6.1 7.1 etc" numbers are just logical representations. Here in Chicago, 2.1 is really 3, 9.1 is 19, 7.1 is 52, etc.

johnml said:
im pretty sure that you have to be on the digital channel ( ex. 6.1 - 7.1 - 10.1 ) when you actually do the OTA test and it will check that specific channel:hatsoff:

The HR10-250 displays signal strength based on the actual channels, not the mapped ones.

johnml said:

That figured it out for me. Thanks to everyone for their help.
bp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)