HR10-250 & OTA with Season Pass (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
I haven't been able to find an answer as to what happens if I set up a Season Pass for a show. I get the locals, SD granted, but also have OTA for HD so I want the show taped on the HD channel. How do I ensure that the Season Pass will use the correct HD channel for recording?

One thought was to remove all the SD local channels from the received channels list but I don't really want to have to do that since I still want those SD channels in the guide.

afulkerson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 16, 2006
Just use the guide to find the show that you want and on the OTA HD channel that you want. It will be the one with a -1 after the channel number...

cheer

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 4, 2006
Season passes are channel-specific. So if you set the season pass up for, say, channel 7-1, then that's the channel it will record on.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
Hmmm. OK. I have a Tivo friend, not using this model mind you, but he said that one of the great things about Tivo is that if you set a show as a Season Pass that it will find that show no matter what channel it's on. That's the beauty he said of network shows that rerun a few days later on a non-network channel so that you can catch them if you missed them. Must be his box works different than the HR10-250.

CRendall

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 6, 2004
Wisconsin
A Season Pass records shows specifically for one channel, a Wishlist will record a show from any channel that it's on.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
Thanks for the clarification. I'll get used to all of this and it will probably be all for moot when the HR20-250 comes out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts