Status
Please reply by conversation.

Happy Camper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Central Texas
Gurus,

Please help with this irritating HR10-250 problem. Thanks.

We have temporarily kept our D* service while we switch over to Verizon FIOS, so I still have our HR10-250 D* TiVo hooked up as it always has been. Never a problem before. The problem began before we hooked up to FIOS.

Lately the HR10-250 has just been spontaneously clicking off in the middle of a show or recording and rebooting itself. Other components hooked up to the same power supply do not even peep, and the power goes through a decent Monster conditioner, so I do not think the power supply is being disrupted. More specifically, I am certain the power supply is o.k. I still have the old software edition, but the machine is hooked up to a live phone line and test calls o.k. Both tuners are hooked up, as is the terrestrial antenna.

Sometimes after it reboots it starts again recording the show it was recording before, so you get the whole show in two recording bullets, minus the reboot time. Other times it just leaves the recording where it shut off, like 20 minutes in, for instance, and never restarts again, even though the picture and sound come back on the original channel it shut off on, with a new buffer starting from the reboot, but no recording..

Also, occasionally it is just starting Season Pass shows 2, 3 or 4 minutes later than the programmed time, and showing a 'partial' recording of something like 55 minutes.

Before I call D*, any ideas what it is?

Happy Camper said:
Gurus,

Please help with this irritating HR10-250 problem. Thanks.

We have temporarily kept our D* service while we switch over to Verizon FIOS, so I still have our HR10-250 D* TiVo hooked up as it always has been. Never a problem before. The problem began before we hooked up to FIOS.

Lately the HR10-250 has just been spontaneously clicking off in the middle of a show or recording and rebooting itself. Other components hooked up to the same power supply do not even peep, and the power goes through a decent Monster conditioner, so I do not think the power supply is being disrupted. More specifically, I am certain the power supply is o.k. I still have the old software edition, but the machine is hooked up to a live phone line and test calls o.k. Both tuners are hooked up, as is the terrestrial antenna.

Sometimes after it reboots it starts again recording the show it was recording before, so you get the whole show in two recording bullets, minus the reboot time. Other times it just leaves the recording where it shut off, like 20 minutes in, for instance, and never restarts again, even though the picture and sound come back on the original channel it shut off on, with a new buffer starting from the reboot, but no recording..

Also, occasionally it is just starting Season Pass shows 2, 3 or 4 minutes later than the programmed time, and showing a 'partial' recording of something like 55 minutes.

Before I call D*, any ideas what it is?

How do you like FIOS? Do you have the DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts