HR10-250 recording OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi and sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search here and couldn't find it. Just wondering how does the HR10-250 work for OTA recording? Do I still need to keep my locals to get a guide? Will I be able to do a season pass for OTA also or I'l have to manually set it up like a VCR?

Thanks!

You don't need to keep locals to get the guide data and you can set a season pass for OTA just like all the other channels.

Chris

Excellent! :) Thanks for the reply!

CRendall said:
You don't need to keep locals to get the guide data and you can set a season pass for OTA just like all the other channels.

Chris

In short, it is great! (aside from the sometimes slow UI, and no folders on the Now Playing screen)

Ted

Yep, and it seems it's getting slower now! Like when I try to set a recording for an event a few hours ahead it takes like 20 seconds or more.

ncted said:
In short, it is great! (aside from the sometimes slow UI, and no folders on the Now Playing screen)

Ted

Fgsilva said:
Yep, and it seems it's getting slower now! Like when I try to set a recording for an event a few hours ahead it takes like 20 seconds or more.

It is really weird. Sometimes the UI is faster than my RCA DVR40 which has the newer firmware, and other times it is glacially slow. Even so, I can deal with the random UI slowness to get HD TiVo. The other option is a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD from TWC which has an interface that looks like it was programmed by someone with a completely different perspective on the universe, and has problems with playback hangs.

Ted

Fg, the HR10-250 needs the 6.2 upgrade that the SD tivos got to make it faster, but D* won't release it. Most of us think its cause they'll be swaping them out for free with the Mpeg4 HR20, so why waste the effort. Its strange, sometimes mine is rrreeaall slow and then its almost as fast as my wifes HDVR2 which got the 6.2 upgrade. Suggestion, clear your thumbs up and that helps. Don't try to change a Season Pass priority unless you have alot of time to kill. Mine took 45min once. Clearing thumbs up takes a while too. I usually do these just before I leave the house for work or to run an errand. It'll return to live TV on its own when its finished. Other than these quriks it a great unit. Just hope the HR20 has all the bugs the R15 has worked out before we get em.---Ray

wow!!! 45 min!! :eek: Mine isn't that bad!!! Thanks for the tips. I'll do the thumbs up clearing this weekend since I have a day off! :D I'm really liking the almost free refurb DVR I got. I may get another one just for SD stuff!

raymo721 said:
Fg, the HR10-250 needs the 6.2 upgrade that the SD tivos got to make it faster, but D* won't release it. Most of us think its cause they'll be swaping them out for free with the Mpeg4 HR20, so why waste the effort. Its strange, sometimes mine is rrreeaall slow and then its almost as fast as my wifes HDVR2 which got the 6.2 upgrade. Suggestion, clear your thumbs up and that helps. Don't try to change a Season Pass priority unless you have alot of time to kill. Mine took 45min once. Clearing thumbs up takes a while too. I usually do these just before I leave the house for work or to run an errand. It'll return to live TV on its own when its finished. Other than these quriks it a great unit. Just hope the HR20 has all the bugs the R15 has worked out before we get em.---Ray

Oh yeah, it seems the more Season Passes you have contributes to the speed also. Actually, I'm hoping I can keep mine after the swapout for my wife to use. We get HD locals OTA and she would'nt need Mpeg 4 capability, just me for Sunday Ticket HD games and I'll have the HR20. I've read that some people who have gotten the AT9 dish and R-10s or 15s were allowed to keep the old equipment but haven't seen if they were able to keep using the old gear. Would be nice.--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)