HR10-250 records whatever.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ex Direcway

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Wisconsin
I am new to the whole TIVO experience so please forgive my ignorance. I just had this box installed on Saturday & I am finding out that it likes to record many things at random.

Every day it will record 4 to 6 programs without me telling it to. I do not have any season passes set up yet or any favorites checked. Is there anyway to make it stop or is that normal? :eek:

Also my wife thinks I am playing "Pong" on the tv. Is there any way to shut off that stupid command sound?

Thanks.

It is normal but turn off able... its called suggestions It records things it thinks you may like based on suggestions.... It doesnt hurt as these are the first to go away when space is needed.

to turn off: D* central-> Messages and setup->Settings->Suggestions->no

as for the "Pong" :D* central-> Messages and setup->Settings->Audio->Sound effects volume->Off

hope this helps

and for the record when the unit starts to hang youll want those sound effects so youll know it recognized a button press... i had them turned off and i would hitt a button 4 times not realizing it did register the first one

Thank you for the quick response!
Yes both of your suggestions worked. I did leave the "Pong" turned on, I just turned the volume down so it wasn't so annoying.

Thank you ShadowEKU !!

Oh... I would have answered it too. But he already beat me. Dangit. I never get to help people on here! =(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)