Hr10-250 spontaneous stop/power up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hotshoe

Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
Anyone have any ideas why our D-TV DVR will just freeze, then go to the "Welcome. Powering up" screen? It's done it today 4 times during one football game. My husband is getting pretty frustrated. It just started today.

My 17 month old HR10-250 started rebooting one day last week. I called D* and the tech said to go through a do a delete/clear operation. I did that it and it hasn't rebooted since. Just be warned, all your settings, programs and if you didn't have the channel logo's when you first got the box those will be wiped out also.

I tried to get D* to replace the box, it's under their service plan, but they said to do this first and if it rebooted again then they're replace it.

i've seen a short in fitting/or staple threw line can somtime cause freezing....

rad said:
My 17 month old HR10-250 started rebooting one day last week. I called D* and the tech said to go through a do a delete/clear operation. I did that it and it hasn't rebooted since. Just be warned, all your settings, programs and if you didn't have the channel logo's when you first got the box those will be wiped out also.

I tried to get D* to replace the box, it's under their service plan, but they said to do this first and if it rebooted again then they're replace it.

Hi rad,

Yeh, I hear about that Clear & Delete (C&D) option. :) I can't imagine not having channel logos. They make it easier to identify the channel (well at least for me). Got a/some question(s) for you guys....

1. If I didn't do they C&D option on my HD Tivo (hard drive is bad), and I just told D* I did. And when they recieve my old box for the replacement box, would they know if I tried it, OR not?

2. If I do lose the channel logos on my HD Tivo [HAD them before], is there a "secret" thing I could do to get them back.

Thanks. What would I do without you guys. :)

- Matthew

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)