HR10-250 v6.3 Announcement / Release (It's out now!!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a CM 3019. I am 28 miles from the tower. Rain fade is bad. It seems I am in a bad location with respect to RF reception. I have problems with cell phones as well. Directv is about the only thing that comes in well. I hope the HR20-250 is better than the R15. I would rather have an MPEG4 TiVo.

Ted

What is the current software version? I had a new H10-250 installed yesterday and it has 3.1.5f. Is that the latest one?

Also does everyone's program guide run real slow? Sure a lot slower than the H10 it replaced, or the H20, on my other TV.

Will this thing upgrade when on Standby? HR10

On my HR10-250, will it call home and update and whatever while in standby mode? It just seems like it's completely turned off. Just want to make sure it will do its thing whether I'm viewing TV or its in standby mode.

Jace said:
Any update on when DTV might start pushing this upgrade?
I haven't heard anything yet. Despite the website posting, I doubt it will happen at this point. I can't imagine they have a lot of people working on this because the HR10-250 is essentially a discontinued product and they probably need all the bodies they can get to work on the constantly delayed new D* HD-DVR.

IMO, the only way this will come out is if they know the new HD-DVR won't come out until next year and they fear losing the HD subscribers.

Jim

nytevizion said:
On my HR10-250, will it call home and update and whatever while in standby mode? It just seems like it's completely turned off. Just want to make sure it will do its thing whether I'm viewing TV or its in standby mode.
Absolutely. For the most part, all standby really means is that the video outputs are shut off.

Jimzo said:
I haven't heard anything yet. Despite the website posting, I doubt it will happen at this point. I can't imagine they have a lot of people working on this because the HR10-250 is essentially a discontinued product and they probably need all the bodies they can get to work on the constantly delayed new D* HD-DVR.

IMO, the only way this will come out is if they know the new HD-DVR won't come out until next year and they fear losing the HD subscribers.

Jim

I called today to deactivate a receiver. While waiting on the phone, I asked the CSR about an update for my HR10-250. He said that they had received training last week on how to deal with customers who call in with problems related to the "HDDVR" upgrade. This would seem to indicate it is still forthcoming. Or perhaps it is an indication that they would be upgrading people from HR10-250s to HR20-250s. He didn't seem too interested in helping me since I was lowering my bill by $5/month, so I didn't grill him for any more information. Either way, something is coming. I just hope I don't have any "problems."

Ted

I read on another forum from a very reliable source that it should be out by the end of the month, maybe sooner.

ncted said:
I called today to deactivate a receiver. While waiting on the phone, I asked the CSR about an update for my HR10-250. He said that they had received training last week on how to deal with customers who call in with problems related to the "HDDVR" upgrade. This would seem to indicate it is still forthcoming. Or perhaps it is an indication that they would be upgrading people from HR10-250s to HR20-250s. He didn't seem too interested in helping me since I was lowering my bill by $5/month, so I didn't grill him for any more information. Either way, something is coming. I just hope I don't have any "problems."

Ted

I talked to a "senior" CSR last week who told me that leased HR10-250's would be swapped free :) I'll believe it when it happens, although I'd pay a few bucks but as it goes I'm a happy camper with my HR10 getting HI-DEF OTA.

Here's my experience over the last few days. My HR10-250 shut down, apparently due to heat. It felt fine, cool to me, never had the problem before. Talked to tech support, and after trying a few things decided to send me a new unit. Well, a few hours later the unit started functioning fine. I called to cancel the replacement, which they supposedly did. The replacement unit showed up anyways a couple of days later. I called retention and asked if I could keep the HR10-250 and swap out one of my H20s. They said fine, and said that I could keep my H20 because it is owned. The HR10-250 would be leased, and the only thing is my 2-year committment clock starts over. So I got an extra HR10-250 for free, hopefully I will be able to swap for 2 HR20s. She also told me that they are looking at a mid-September to October rollout.

Also, I will need another line to the DVR and a multiswitch, which they are going to do no charge.

Last edited:
cal87 said:
Here's my experience over the last few days. My HR10-250 shut down, apparently due to heat. It felt fine, cool to me, never had the problem before. Talked to tech support, and after trying a few things decided to send me a new unit. Well, a few hours later the unit started functioning fine.

Man, oh man- don't tease me. Mine was acting up here when it got very hot, then just froze on "Powering up..." It has been a few days now, and I just rebooted the machine. I'm afraid to turn on the TV in case it didn't come back to life, though.

I'm still waiting patiently to remove the phone line from my HR10. Hurry up will ya?

Ryu said:
I read on another forum from a very reliable source that it should be out by the end of the month, maybe sooner.

by this do you mean the upgrade to 6.3 is coming by sept; or the new hr20 box was coming?

Still no official confirmation (other than the website link that was changed) that this upgrade is still coming?

Trav said:
Still no official confirmation (other than the website link that was changed) that this upgrade is still coming?

It sure would be nice, at least to do something to speed up the program guide, but with the new HR20 starting to pop up, it wouldn't surprise me to see it but on the back burner.

I was on the phone yesterday with csr for about 40min complaining about the HR10. He said that there is not a 6.3 update and there is no known issue with a slow HR10. He even went to the next level of support and came back with the same response. BS!! I did how ever get noted on our account to swap our HR10 with the new HR20 when it becomes available. I was told that it would be early next month. Time will tell.
I have been a long time viewer of the site. This is my first post. Keep up the great work and thanks for the info.

Right now the upgrade is in TiVo's court.

DirecTV requested some modifications to the last build... and they haven't received the updated build yet.

Once they get it, and test it... they are pretty confident that that will be the version that goes out...

So "soon"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)