HR20 "0x115" Forced Update Only; During "Elvis" window.. 01/08/2007 and 01/09/2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep. That release didn't make it to GA, the 2nd 'santa' one did.

Sorry about your luck, I got it here in Ohio on the first night. :up
That said, I don't know why you would not be able to get it when it was sent out and others were able to receive it.

Jimbo

Sorry about your luck, I got it here in Ohio on the first night. :up
That said, I don't know why you would not be able to get it when it was sent out and others were able to receive it.

Jimbo

Jimbo, I was able to get it via a forced download on the 1st night. My response was because one of your prior responses made it sound like if this release was FUBAR that and you backed it out you'd would still be getting it in a few days anyway, where I was saying if really stank D* might not put it in the GA stream.

Jimbo, I was able to get it via a forced download on the 1st night. My response was because one of your prior responses made it sound like if this release was FUBAR that and you backed it out you'd would still be getting it in a few days anyway, where I was saying if really stank D* might not put it in the GA stream.

gotcha

Downloading now ....
Got the download screen on the 1st try this time, last time it was a bit pickier.

Jimbo

Download done...
Be patient the first 96 % took about 5 minutes but then took about 3 minutes to prosess the last 3 %
Of course the rest of the re boot takes the normal FOREVER to process.
also, someone mentioned that you would need to re do your OTA channels, this is NOT true.

Jimbo

Last edited:
someone mentioned that you would need to re do your OTA channels, this is NOT true.

Jimbo

Someone.. hehe

I had to do it cause 3 channels were not showing in my HD OTA list.

Looks like yours did not need such task. :up

It's 1036pm here in Socal, No longer available. If you want 0x115 it will come in time automatically.

I got it and much to my surprise, I had all my OTA without having to reset anything.
I read a lot of posts in DBS saying it had to be reset.
Seems to be fine, but will put it through the ringer tonight.

I got it and much to my surprise, I had all my OTA without having to reset anything.
I read a lot of posts in DBS saying it had to be reset.
Seems to be fine, but will put it through the ringer tonight.

Mine retained all the OTA save for the NBC affiliate. Had to go back through setup to get that one back.

Mine retained all the OTA save for the NBC affiliate. Had to go back through setup to get that one back.

OK, well, upon further review, it appears that my NBC affiliate, 4-1, still is not coming in even after going through antenna setup again and even rebooting again afterwards. I got home today and turned on the receiver and 4-1 came in fine. Once I changed the channel, I could never get back to it. 771 - Searching for Signal.

Since this is 'beta' software, is there a particular venue we are supposed to post problems?

It has been requested that no one speak with directv tech support about issues concerning release candidate software. If you have issues they should be posted in the appropriate thread at dbstalk.

If you have problems with the RC x115 you to NOT call support. Official support for it is via DBSTalk.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)