HR20-100 0x18a possible 2nd Tuner issue

cmeans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi,

I first reported this issue in the thread for the most recent update, but I thought it was a Prioritizer/Conflict Manager issue.

After further investigation, it appears that I can no longer record on my 2nd Tuner at all.

Under Setup/Info & Test/System Info:

Features/Tuner:
Tuner 1: SAT, Record
Tuner 2: SAT
Off-Air Tuner 1: ATSC, Record
Off-Air Tuner 2: ATSC, Record

I've tested the signal strength, and both tuners are at 95% or so, so it doesn't appear to be a cable problem. I live in Chicago, and we did have some heavy storms go through, so I would have understood a cable issue.

If this is a bug with the latest update, I realize I'll just have to wait for the next update and hope that, that fixes it, or can I revert to an older version?

If this is not a bug, then I need to make a service call.

Can anyone confirm which it is, so I know what to do?

Thanks.

-Chris

A simple reboot (I should have thought of trying this earlier) seems to have taken care of the 2nd Tuner issue.

I now see:

Under Setup/Info & Test/System Info:

Features/Tuner:
Tuner 1: SAT, Record
Tuner 2: SAT, Record
Off-Air Tuner 1: ATSC, Record
Off-Air Tuner 2: ATSC, Record

Whew!

-Chris

Not sure if this is a CE issue but after a reset now the b-band converters give me the not connected message on 499. I get testing on the second tuner, I think only one converter is screwed up on tuner1 but there is no way to swap tuners on this thing to check?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a CE issue but after a reset now the b-band converters give me the not connected message on 499. I get testing on the second tuner, I think only one converter is screwed up on tuner1 but there is no way to swap tuners on this thing to check?
Now that is a known bug according to a post I read today - can't even remember where. To test the secod tuner follow this sequence
499 = Tuner 1 Test
CH + = 500 = Tuner 2
CH + = 501 = Tuner 1
499 = Tuner 2 Test
Or the reverse of course.
The active tuner changes with every channel change.

Last edited:
Now that is a known bug according to a post I read today - can't even remember where. To test the secod tuner follow this sequence
499 = Tuner 1 Test
CH + = 500 = Tuner 2
CH + = 501 = Tuner 1
499 = Tuner 2 Test
Or the reverse of course.
The active tuner changes with every channel change.
Thats good to know. I did it by recording 2 shows then stopping the recordings one at a time and going to 499. Then turning one recording back on and going to the other and turning it off. For some reason both are testing ok now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)