HR20-100 0x18a possible 2nd Tuner issue

cmeans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi,

I first reported this issue in the thread for the most recent update, but I thought it was a Prioritizer/Conflict Manager issue.

After further investigation, it appears that I can no longer record on my 2nd Tuner at all.

Under Setup/Info & Test/System Info:

Features/Tuner:
Tuner 1: SAT, Record
Tuner 2: SAT
Off-Air Tuner 1: ATSC, Record
Off-Air Tuner 2: ATSC, Record

I've tested the signal strength, and both tuners are at 95% or so, so it doesn't appear to be a cable problem. I live in Chicago, and we did have some heavy storms go through, so I would have understood a cable issue.

If this is a bug with the latest update, I realize I'll just have to wait for the next update and hope that, that fixes it, or can I revert to an older version?

If this is not a bug, then I need to make a service call.

Can anyone confirm which it is, so I know what to do?

Thanks.

-Chris

A simple reboot (I should have thought of trying this earlier) seems to have taken care of the 2nd Tuner issue.

I now see:

Under Setup/Info & Test/System Info:

Features/Tuner:
Tuner 1: SAT, Record
Tuner 2: SAT, Record
Off-Air Tuner 1: ATSC, Record
Off-Air Tuner 2: ATSC, Record

Whew!

-Chris

Not sure if this is a CE issue but after a reset now the b-band converters give me the not connected message on 499. I get testing on the second tuner, I think only one converter is screwed up on tuner1 but there is no way to swap tuners on this thing to check?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a CE issue but after a reset now the b-band converters give me the not connected message on 499. I get testing on the second tuner, I think only one converter is screwed up on tuner1 but there is no way to swap tuners on this thing to check?
Now that is a known bug according to a post I read today - can't even remember where. To test the secod tuner follow this sequence
499 = Tuner 1 Test
CH + = 500 = Tuner 2
CH + = 501 = Tuner 1
499 = Tuner 2 Test
Or the reverse of course.
The active tuner changes with every channel change.

Last edited:
Now that is a known bug according to a post I read today - can't even remember where. To test the secod tuner follow this sequence
499 = Tuner 1 Test
CH + = 500 = Tuner 2
CH + = 501 = Tuner 1
499 = Tuner 2 Test
Or the reverse of course.
The active tuner changes with every channel change.
Thats good to know. I did it by recording 2 shows then stopping the recordings one at a time and going to 499. Then turning one recording back on and going to the other and turning it off. For some reason both are testing ok now.