HR20-100 and Slingbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TexasGrad83

Mar 23, 2008
Georgetown, TX
Hello, new user here.

I did a search for this subject and didn't see a definitive answer. I want to know if you can connect the slingbox to the second ethernet outlet on the HR20-100. I have tried the connection, but I can't get the slingbox to connect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 17, 2003
Hello, new user here.

I did a search for this subject and didn't see a definitive answer. I want to know if you can connect the slingbox to the second ethernet outlet on the HR20-100. I have tried the connection, but I can't get the slingbox to connect.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have a HR21-200 with a SlingBox Classic hooked to the second ethernet port and it works perfect. I had to set the HR21 to IR instead of RF for the remote. I guess it won't do both like my old E* receiver did.
Don't know if the HR20 is different from the HR21 concerning the ethernet ports.
I didn't do anything but plug the cable into the port and it worked the first time. Was nice to not have to run another cable.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
It will work. Remember to also hookup the video/audio wires (svideo is best) and you must use the remote in IR mode.

TexasGrad83

Mar 23, 2008
Georgetown, TX
It will work. Remember to also hookup the video/audio wires (svideo is best) and you must use the remote in IR mode.

Thanks for the reply. I've got the slingbox pro, which uses the HDMI adapter. Everything was working perfectly with the HR10-250, but now I can't get the network to pick up the slingbox through the second ethernet port on the HR20. I kept the remote in IR mode specifically for the slingbox.

I tried switching the ethernet cables, and I lost the internet connection by going to the second port. When I switched them back, I got the internet connection back.

Any other suggestions? Do you think I need to reset the DVR?

Pontihog

Apr 9, 2008
Texas,

Were you ever able to get the slingbox to work off of the HR20's second ethernet port?

I just hooked mine up today and having no luck with a slingbox classic. It will light up and show a connection, but my pc can not find it.

Thanks

Ponti

schneid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 27, 2007
In the Wind
Buy a Switch

Office Depot is selling cheap, about $5 after rebates, D-link switches all the time. Plug and play.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts