Status
Please reply by conversation.

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
I decided to hook my antenna up to my HR-20 and everything seemed to go okay but when it got to downloading guide data it froze at 48%, after it sat that way for 10-15 minutes I ended up doing a RBR. Now when for the last few days the guide says my guide data past 6pm 5/16 is "To be announced". Should I be concerned or do a reboot of the box or is this normal? Is there a simple way to trigger guide data download?

Looks like may have been worrying for nothing just looked and now some data is blank, not even "to be announced", but other channels are slowly filling with guide data now so we shall see. I'm such a worrywart :D

can channels be locked out of the guide on D* DVR's? on E* you can lock them out and hide them so that way your guide is cleaner.

you can create a favorites list. That will exclude channels when you click on guide and then filter.

i went to best buy the other day and tried a HR21 they had on display. I noticed that to compared to what i saw over 6 months ago that when you press guide instead of this little menu that said channels i get, movies and i believe 2 other options, now there are more options in a full screen menu. also the program guide is a nice bright blue. back when i tried a hddvr from direc the guide was like a yellow and black. difficult to read for me. am i making sense or was i seeing things? has there been software updates that improved these features?

For your HR20 if the guide data is still loading it maybe will take it about 4 to 8 Hrs to aquire guide data for 3 days in advanced. Normally then for the 14 days in advanced it should take about 12 hours according to information I have recently seen, but the normal 24-48 hrs is good to allow, since some of those machines take a while to load that guide data.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)