HR20-100 Hard Seek Noise

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RawisTheGameHhH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Southside of Chicago, IL
Ever since sometime late last week; my hard drive is constantly making noise; this unit is in my bedroom and is keeping me awake during the night; so my solution has been to pull the power from the wall. Does anyone know why my hard drive is seeking 24/7 all of a sudden? Before it was super quiet and rarely ever heard it; but now I heard it all the time. Do you think this could be a result from the software update? Any advice or tips? I thought about adding an esata drive but no one confirmed if the internal hdd would still run; if it does then its not worth an investment.

All MY HR2X DVRs harddrives run 24/7 and I can hear the heads seeking, have been since day 1 for my. My experience has been that the HR20's drives are louder then the HR21/HR22's. I had a HR21 in the bedroom that I could hardly hear and swapped it with a HR20, I wanted the nice black case in the equipment rack. The HR20 sounded like a washer maching at night, finally gave up and bought a new HR22 and put the HR20 somewhere else.

Those harddrives should be running like a whisper. Yes, they do run continiuosly. I suspect you may have a hard drive that is malfunctioning.

All MY HR2X DVRs harddrives run 24/7 and I can hear the heads seeking, have been since day 1 for my. My experience has been that the HR20's drives are louder then the HR21/HR22's. I had a HR21 in the bedroom that I could hardly hear and swapped it with a HR20, I wanted the nice black case in the equipment rack. The HR20 sounded like a washer maching at night, finally gave up and bought a new HR22 and put the HR20 somewhere else.

Is this something DirecTV will replace or do I need to go buy and HR21/22?

11.28a - I just called DTV and they are sending me 2 new receivers; thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)