HR20-100 Hard Seek Noise

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RawisTheGameHhH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Southside of Chicago, IL
Ever since sometime late last week; my hard drive is constantly making noise; this unit is in my bedroom and is keeping me awake during the night; so my solution has been to pull the power from the wall. Does anyone know why my hard drive is seeking 24/7 all of a sudden? Before it was super quiet and rarely ever heard it; but now I heard it all the time. Do you think this could be a result from the software update? Any advice or tips? I thought about adding an esata drive but no one confirmed if the internal hdd would still run; if it does then its not worth an investment.

All MY HR2X DVRs harddrives run 24/7 and I can hear the heads seeking, have been since day 1 for my. My experience has been that the HR20's drives are louder then the HR21/HR22's. I had a HR21 in the bedroom that I could hardly hear and swapped it with a HR20, I wanted the nice black case in the equipment rack. The HR20 sounded like a washer maching at night, finally gave up and bought a new HR22 and put the HR20 somewhere else.

Those harddrives should be running like a whisper. Yes, they do run continiuosly. I suspect you may have a hard drive that is malfunctioning.

All MY HR2X DVRs harddrives run 24/7 and I can hear the heads seeking, have been since day 1 for my. My experience has been that the HR20's drives are louder then the HR21/HR22's. I had a HR21 in the bedroom that I could hardly hear and swapped it with a HR20, I wanted the nice black case in the equipment rack. The HR20 sounded like a washer maching at night, finally gave up and bought a new HR22 and put the HR20 somewhere else.

Is this something DirecTV will replace or do I need to go buy and HR21/22?

11.28a - I just called DTV and they are sending me 2 new receivers; thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts