Question for people in So. California

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xrtfan

Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
It has been very windy in the LA area for several days and I get a "searching for satellite message" at the bottom of the screen. I am able to get the sd version of all channels, but the hd versions are distorted and generally unwatchable. This is only on certain channels like CNNHD, NHLHD and probably 20 others. This happened last week during the winds and was still messed up after the winds stopped. Called tech support and we rebooted but it did not cure problem. I was having the tech come to the house to fix, but the day he was to arrive all were working properly, so I canceled the call. Here's my question: Does the receiver (HR21) adjust itself for minor movements of the dish and that is why it fixed itself the first time?:confused:

You need to check your signal strengths in the setup menu. I am in Riverside and haven't lost any signals yet. I think your dish alignment may be marginal so when the wind blows it moves just a little bit and your signal drops. Last Christmas day when winds were really bad it would just drop the picture for a few seconds and come back on. Also maybe your dish isn't secured properly.

Depending on your mount I think wind can cause all sorts of problems like your describing. I thought my chimney mount was rock solid but each year I am forced to peak the dish (spring/fall). I recently added the support struts & am hoping this takes some of the strain off the mount itself. If you don't have them they are $17 through our sponsors or you might be able to get some through D with your problems.

Yeah, I;m in the Covina area and only had short, random periods of scrambled TV. It would only last for a few seconds at a time, but several times during a show.

If the problem is persistent, tyr makign sure the supports for the dish are stable and the cable isn't under too much stress.

Thanks for your input, but when I came home from work I found the same channels were gone again and when I go to satellite 103 it shows mainly zeros accept an occasional 25 or 26. I will call and get a tech visit..thanks again

It was that the dish had moved. Tech realigned and I hope tightened down. Thanks for you input

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts