HR20-100 with bad pedigree

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgcarl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Marietta, GA
When I almost purchased a new HD DVR, I learned that the new models don't have OTA capability (I need to be able to watch local HD when WX knocks out sat coverage.) I was told by D* that they don't have any more HR20s so I found one on eBay for a reasonable price. Well, when trying to order an access card, D* told me that the unit was from an account "not in good standing." Apparently, a previous owner didn't pay the bills. Hence, they could not sell me a new access card. I was told that nothing could be done.

I cannot contact the seller as he is no longer registered with eBay. I hate to think that this unit in very fine physical condition will wind up in the landfill or as a door stop. Also hate the thought that I blew over a $100 on a deal that the seller assured me was without any hitches. Guess I'm too trusting.

I've been a D* subscriber for 12 years with premium channels, three HD receivers, HD package, etc. That didn't make any difference.

Is there some place I can send the HR20 for a brain transplant so it can just start over? I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for such a service.

Hope you can help.

Bryan, AG6R

I am sorry, but no there is nothing that can be done. That unfortunately is the bad thing about buying off of E-Bay. The best thing to do is to get the receiver info before you buy it and call D* and have them check it for you. If you paid by Paypal you can dispute that charge, but it probably will do you no good. I am sorry though.

If you really want to activate that receiver ask Directv if you can payoff the outstanding balance, you probably won't like the amount. As cgking114 posted before you buy get the information and ask D*.

You are vastly missinformed that you need a HR20 all of the HR2x units can tune OTA with the addition of the AM21 tuner connected to the DVR.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Funny though, my first contact with D* BEFORE purchase, the rep told me that they get so many calls for info that they only provide info when I order the new access card. Then, after purchase, another call and another rep said different -why didn't I call? Next time I'll not give up with the first call to D*.

Bryan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)