HR20-700 audio dropout - pixelation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

viewer1xyz

Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
We have a new HR20-700 HDTV DVR. On both local and national channels we get intermitent drop outs on live shows - the audio stops and the picture turns into a few pixels. It lasts for a few seconds - every 30 to 60 seconds. On some occasions we can tell that the pixelated image is actually from a different channel.

Some days it does not do it - and some days it does it continuously. A second non HDTV - DVR does not show the dropouts at the same time from the same dish.

We have a service call - but have to wait 2 weeks to get someone here.

I cannot watch this presentation mess without getting a headache - and an overwhelming urge to throw this $295 HR20 box into the ditch.

Anyone have the same issues - and a fix?

Dick

Have you tried unplugging and then replugging the unit?Tonite watching Dancing With The Stars my HR20-100 suffered frequent split second audio dropouts.Performing the above mentioned procedure seems to have cured it for the time being.My bedroom H10-250 did not experience a simular problem during the same show.

Have you tried unplugging and then replugging the unit?Tonite watching Dancing With The Stars my HR20-100 suffered frequent split second audio dropouts.Performing the above mentioned procedure seems to have cured it for the time being.My bedroom H10-250 did not experience a simular problem during the same show.

I tried a reset button push - and I tried an unplug - the problem persists.

I have most satellites and transponders in the 90s - only 2 in the 30s. I will have to wait for the guy to come and check out the installation.

dick

Just FYI - many people across the country reported dropout problems on ABC on the DirecTV local HD channels, looked like a problem with the feed going to each of the local stations.

I tried a reset button push - and I tried an unplug - the problem persists.

I have most satellites and transponders in the 90s - only 2 in the 30s. I will have to wait for the guy to come and check out the installation.

dick

You can switch the sat in cables between tuners one is always stronger than the other and see if that works for you, there is a known issue but it depends on your region. Call in have them look at the side scrolling region issues to see if any effect your area, what satellites are in the 30s? that’s way low.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)