Are SD customers going to be left in the dark?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trainnut

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
With the talk of the NHL Network HD going live before the SD version and every other page of the USA Today on Friday being a full page ad for HD on Directv are those of us happy with SD going to be left in the dark?

Perhaps someday, just like 8 track, betamax, cassettes, vhs, laserdiscs, technology changes, you either change with it or are left in the dark. Currently you are missing 6 channels. 6 out of hundreds is not exactly dark, lol, not even dim, but the trend will probably continue over the next several years. One more thing, even if you do not want topurchase an HDTV you can still get the channels on a regular tv by getting an hd receiver.

With technology, a trend today is tomorrow's standard...lol! Wasn't aware that you get watch the HD feeds on a SD TV.

With the HR20 and HR21, the composite and S-Video outputs are always 480i, regardless of the setting. I think the HR10-250 required that the display resolution be set to 480i.

Right now there are way too many SD accounts to be worried about it but in the future I see DTV going all HD thats a ways away yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts