SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

HR20-700 {CE:08:03} 0x18A - Announcement
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 {CE:08:03} - 0x18A

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; August 17, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; August 18, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 85%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of 0x17E National Release)
  • Items from CE:08:01
  • Items from CE:08:02
  • Items from CE:08:03

Improved
  • Improved handling of local networking issues
  • Super Pillar (top and bottom pillars, squishing image) while in NATIVE mode: resolved
  • Improved Jump Back
  • Search Results always placing HD ahead of SD
  • MPEG-4 Trickplay improvements
  • Improved handling of ATSC tranmissions errors to improve OTA/ATSC compatibility
  • Stability
  • Playback Accuracy
  • UI Polishing/Consistancies
  • Startup Reliability (In regards to hanging during startup process)

Updated
  • Removed left menu from "Search By Channel", once Channel has been selected

New feature(s)
  • MPEG Audio support for GameLounge
  • When in Search dialogs; Color buttons will allow you to toggle between different types of Search
  • Added DELETE option to Playlist
  • Added DELETE option to ToDo List
  • Added Resume/Start Over options for playback of recordings

Notes
  • VOD is not enabled in this version (I know you where going to ask)
  • Resolutions to issues identified/introduced in 0x184

Last edited:
I sure do hope this isnt another minor tweak version. I think most of us are ready to try some new things. I really do hope VOD comes soon as I may be starting a new job in a few weeks and I am not going to have the same time I have today. ;)

I sure do hope this isnt another minor tweak version. I think most of us are ready to try some new things. I really do hope VOD comes soon as I may be starting a new job in a few weeks and I am not going to have the same time I have today. ;)

I would imagine that it will be minor tweaks as most of them are.
New things don't come along very often (major items that is).

As long as they are continuing to work on it, I am happy :)

Jimbo

Anyone who got this last night notice an improvement in Media Share? I just accessed the first time today (ver. 0x186) and most of the music files have "x" next to them. Even the sample music in MP11 and those songs that I know with absolute certainty are not DRM'd have an "x" next to most of the songs.

Also, most of my 10,000+ music files are on an external drive. And the majority are M4P (I believe this is the iTunes format).
  • Will I need to copy the desired songs/files to "My Music" to access them, or can we somehow tweak where the HR20 should find the music?
  • Can it play M4P?
  • If not, will I also need to convert the M4P to MP3/WAV while moving to My Music on "C" drive?
Normally, and until we can show video from PC to HR20, I would just wait and see. But when I started this, my wife was actually, "hey, this is kind neat". And we all know that the Spouse Approval/Acceptance Rating/Ratio (SAR) is the key to a happy home. :D So please offer some helpful tidbits on what I need to do now that I have opened this can of worms... thanks :)

Normally, and until we can show video from PC to HR20, I would just wait and see. But when I started this, my wife was actually, "hey, this is kind neat". And we all know that the Spouse Approval/Acceptance Rating/Ratio (SAR) is the key to a happy home. :D So please offer some helpful tidbits on what I need to do now that I have opened this can of worms... thanks :)

How many accronymns are we using for this Wife Approval Factor ???
SAR ??? How about WAF :):):):) keep it simple and they will approve. :)

btw, I cannot help you with your original question as I do not do the internet files playing stuff with my HR20, at least not yet.

Jimbo

Sorry, couldn't remember the acronym and was too darn lazy to look it up :). I will try to remember using only the WAF. ;)

Now, back on topic please...seriously, I need help to maintain the WAF.

I read in another forum about someone who just "accidentally" plugged in their HR20 (just because it had an ethernet port) and was immediately playing their iTunes library. So not sure if I set myself up for this problem by telling iTunes to save all of my music files as M4P instead of MP3, but there is a glimmer of hope that it will play my library. But it still sounds like I will need to migrate all of my music to the "C" drive. That would be a fairly painful maneuver as I have well over 10k song files. But I am going to be fairly heartbroken if I find I have to migrate AND convert all of those files.

I can wait for video, but now that the wife knows that music on the PC can magically appear on the Home Theater, well I need to act fast before curious interest turns into nagging. :D

Sorry, couldn't remember the acronym and was too darn lazy to look it up :). I will try to remember using only the WAF. ;)

Now, back on topic please...seriously, I need help to maintain the WAF.

I read in another forum about someone who just "accidentally" plugged in their HR20 (just because it had an ethernet port) and was immediately playing their iTunes library. So not sure if I set myself up for this problem by telling iTunes to save all of my music files as M4P instead of MP3, but there is a glimmer of hope that it will play my library. But it still sounds like I will need to migrate all of my music to the "C" drive. That would be a fairly painful maneuver as I have well over 10k song files. But I am going to be fairly heartbroken if I find I have to migrate AND convert all of those files.

I can wait for video, but now that the wife knows that music on the PC can magically appear on the Home Theater, well I need to act fast before curious interest turns into nagging. :D

I don't think there is anything Official, I was just giving you a hard time :)
You seem like a pretty cool guy !

Jimbo

I don't think there is anything Official, I was just giving you a hard time :)
You seem like a pretty cool guy !

Jimbo
Oh, I know, and yes, I am one very cool dude! :cool: Took it as it was given...and I was truly just too damn lazy to find the "customary and prevailing" phraseology.
:wave