HR20 Bug w/Internet and TVersity

cmeans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sorry for the crosspost, I saw that I originally posted in the wrong forum:

Hi newbie here...

I moved to the HR20 and HD about a month ago.

At that time I had the DVR working on my network, and talking with my TVersity (TVersity » Home) software. Though the music list was cramped, it did play music just fine.

Today was the first time I'd used that feature in a while (possibly since the last update in late July), I also just yesterday put a new external eSATA 750GB drive online (which is working fine).

Though the UI is much improved for the Media Share feature, it shows an "x" next to all my songs (but displayed the correct ID3 tag info in the display area at the top).

So I tried selecting a streamed audio feed (radiotime.com), and now the screen input is frozen...though the TV window (top right) is still running fine, I can't control anything. Nothing happens when I use the buttons on the device itself either.

I'd guess there's somesort of infinite timeout on the audio input (or at least the streamed feed).

My only, obvious, way out, was the red reset button. Unfortunately, that left me stuck on the Step 1 of 2 startup screen...and I had to reset again...which worked.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Chris

Last edited:
Pull power chord and let sit for 15 or so minutes. Then boot up and see if its stuck. Worst case scenario, pull the eSATA and see if it boots with the internal drive.

Thanks. An additional reset did the trick.

The next question is...why isn't the TVersity working as it did before?

The larger screens are certainly nice, but now I can't play the music. I realize the TVersity software probably isn't supported, but I'm willing to do some testing/tweaking to get it working right.

-Chris

I just use straight off Vista server. I have Rhapsody but I pump my audio files through the audio card and make them mp3's so it goes around the DRM crap (use MuvAudio2). I pay for the service and dont move the files around. Only do this so the HR20 and Media Center can play them. I really hate DRM. I pay for a service that nothing can use. It forces folks to do workarounds.

I dont know TVersity but it could be a security DRM issue as most are.

I really don't think there's any DRM issues. My files are all simple MP3's, plus, it worked fine before the change (I assume the July update).

All MP3's show an "x" in the left column, and 0:00 time in the far right column. The song name displays correctly, as does the tag info at the top.

It is reading my Playlists correctly (showing the correct song titles).

I haven't shared any images so I don't know if that part is working.

Thats what my Rhapsody configuration does. Thats when I said enough of this stuff and started using MuvAudio2. I dont know the answer but it probably is somewhere between monkeying with TVersity, or the latest software versions for the HR20 isnt allowing it to work properly. Try the next Living on the Edge release and see if anything changes.

No but the indicators are pointing to another one this Friday at 11 PM EDT. It seems to be the standard day and time for releases. A new version is floating around and bigger then past ones. Its very possible it might not come but I would say its over 50% chance you will see one this week.

If that's "Manufacturer" then 100. If not, where do I look for it?

I got this unit less than a month ago, so I'd hope it's a newer rather than older model.

If that's "Manufacturer" then 100. If not, where do I look for it?

I got this unit less than a month ago, so I'd hope it's a newer rather than older model.

Manufacture :
-700 Pace
-100 RCA (I believe)

Look inside the access door to confirm.

Jimbo

Nothing significant for -100 versus -700. Its just the -700 gets a ton of the Software releases. The -100 has only had a few over the past few months.

How does that translate?

Does that mean that the -700 has more features, or that the -700 has more bugs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)