HR20 Bug w/Internet and TVersity

They are exactly the same units with software that just happen to be at different cycles. They just use the -700 as the test unit since it was first. I posted the physical difference but too late for me to put my thinking cap on and find it. Its extremely minor (2 digital audio outs on -100, 2 ethernet ports on -100, RF antenna internal on -700, etc.)

Sorry for the crosspost, I saw that I originally posted in the wrong forum:

Hi newbie here...

I moved to the HR20 and HD about a month ago.

At that time I had the DVR working on my network, and talking with my TVersity (TVersity » Home) software. Though the music list was cramped, it did play music just fine.

Today was the first time I'd used that feature in a while (possibly since the last update in late July), I also just yesterday put a new external eSATA 750GB drive online (which is working fine).

Though the UI is much improved for the Media Share feature, it shows an "x" next to all my songs (but displayed the correct ID3 tag info in the display area at the top).

So I tried selecting a streamed audio feed (radiotime.com), and now the screen input is frozen...though the TV window (top right) is still running fine, I can't control anything. Nothing happens when I use the buttons on the device itself either.

I'd guess there's somesort of infinite timeout on the audio input (or at least the streamed feed).

My only, obvious, way out, was the red reset button. Unfortunately, that left me stuck on the Step 1 of 2 startup screen...and I had to reset again...which worked.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Chris

Go onto the PC running tversity. Look in the folder that you actually installed tversity to. Find a file called profiles.xml. Open up the file with Wordpad, & do a search on this exact phrase

Code:
HTTPheader inUASubstr= statement

you will see more than one, but look for the one that has JetHead in it. Like Letterman from the old Electric Company hightliight JetHead & change it to DIRECTV.

Resart the tversity server & then do the network test again on your HR20. This should get you going.

Thanks. That seemed to do the trick...though the HR20 didn't see the server for a while, and music playback with slideshow seems to have crashed the DVR again.

Music playback by itself worked OK, as did photos...

I'll try again later.

-Chris

cmeans - do you have all your files located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Music" folder? Or is tversity gathering the various locations and faking out the HR20 to think they are in the right place? I have all of my music on an external HDD (F:\MyMusic) and don't think I have the required space on my internal C:\ drive to hold all of them. Is this a problem for you, or does it not apply?

All content is in other folders, or on external (FireWire) drives. I couldn't get UNC paths working for the content on different machines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)