HR20-700 CE Software Release CE0716 Coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now that I've had a little more time with the release, I really like it. I tried the picture on a 10" LCD and the new white combo is much easier to read on the small screen.

Trick Play appears to be smoother especially with NESN HD MPEG4 which has been one of the worst examples on my system. It suffered from some series lags, pauses, delays, missing frames, choppy forwarding, etc. However this release is much smoother. Not Tivo yet, but a big improvement.

Channel changing has dramtically improved too. There were previously bad CE releases that had channel changing up to 7 or 8 seconds. That was abnormal but most releases where around 4-5. Now I am getting mostly 2-4 seconds. Bravo D*. Great job on this one.

As the new White Menu navigation is also a bit speedier too. Most of the stuff appears to be the same in the same logic flow which I didnt mind at all.

Caller ID issue appears to be fixed on my unit.

Music & Photos are the same. I use a Vista Media Center on an AMD PC. To me this still needs some navigation help. I have all my CD's on the server which is over one thousand and countless more mp3s downloaded over the years. So its alot of artists and songs. And because of that, its slow and really clumsy getting to say U2. Scrolling up and down takes a long time and its not as svelt as the Xbox 360 connected to Media Center. However, I love the song playing and video playing at the same time with Yellow button to toggle back and forth.

More stuff as I think of it or experience.

Caller ID issue appears to be fixed on my unit.

Interestingly enough, my Caller Id did not work yesterday, D/L the new CE. and I thought I had tried the CID and it still did not work .....
Haven't had any calls today, just called the house and it works ....

Why is that ???

If it did not work after the D/L last night, how is it working today ??

Would it be possible for it to not work last night but it does tonight ??? does the CE leave any loopholes open that D* can continue to send info that would fix these type of things ?

Jimbo

Interestingly enough, my Caller Id did not work yesterday, D/L the new CE. and I thought I had tried the CID and it still did not work .....
Haven't had any calls today, just called the house and it works ....

Why is that ???

If it did not work after the D/L last night, how is it working today ??

Would it be possible for it to not work last night but it does tonight ??? does the CE leave any loopholes open that D* can continue to send info that would fix these type of things ?

Jimbo

Its never really worked consistenly right has it? Numerous folks have reported issues on and off since September last year so I am wondering if Software will fix it. Could be a hardware defect. Either that, or the guy thats in charge of the code is the low man on the totem pole and really doesnt know what he/she is doing. I know mine mostly works but that too has been hit or miss over the last 9 months. Its been mostly hit but the issue posts have been numerous and all over the board.

Its never really worked consistenly right has it? Numerous folks have reported issues on and off since September last year so I am wondering if Software will fix it. Could be a hardware defect. Either that, or the guy thats in charge of the code is the low man on the totem pole and really doesnt know what he/she is doing. I know mine mostly works but that too has been hit or miss over the last 9 months. Its been mostly hit but the issue posts have been numerous and all over the board.

Actually Brewer,
Mine has worked flawlessly since I bought it back in September (I think it was) I have never had any problems with the CID at all... till the last CE, but this one appearently fixed that also.

Jimbo

Two things I have found out.....on the back door trick to make gamelounge active...
If you want to keep your 5 cities weather feature active without all 5 cities
in Craig AK.(which will kill access to GL) AFTER you remove Craig AK. listings, go to
ch. 110 and gamelounge will not be active. At that point, enter these sequence
buttons...up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,red,green,red,green... sequence it
will become active again. GL is slow and somewhat lame(my opinon)...at least
you don't have to look at the weather in AK. LOL...on the CID thing....mine was
always off&on in operation, until I discovered my DSL filter was turned around
in the wrong direction..once I reversed it's direction, it has been flawless......
since the filters operation is to limit the hi=freq db level to prevent damage to the other regular phone equip., this is telling me that the HR20's modem is quite
sensitive to out-of-range phone db levels IMO. YMMV

it is

My Sat 99 just stopped functioning. It was working about 4 hours ago. I was getting 721 message on locals and NESN HD. Checked signals and all 0. Rebooted box and all fine. This is with the new CE.

I figured. Just trying to use this site more then DBSTalk. I am reading things over there too. I dont want to steal things and not give them credit but I am a Sat Guy and I want the D* threads and activity beefed up here. So I am trying to report as much as I can here.

RE: Game Lounge

It was activated in a CE a few months ago and lasted 2 CEs before they disabled due to problems with it.

It was just put back in a couple CE's ago with that special backdoor. In other words it's not ready for prime time on the HR20 and by using it you could very well crash your HR20 (as happened to many the last time they tried it).

Same goes for pretty much anything in a CE, it could crash your box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)