yes hd on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is your zip code? they do offer the YES HD when the programming/games are being broadcast in HD and the SD version all the time.. My buddy in Manhattan gets YES HD fine on DirecTV.

Attachments

• 10101.JPG
    10101.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Yep, that zip is inside the DB, but just remember you will only see it during HD produced programming. Now I am not in that DMA, but make sure to check the 90's for your HD programs as well.

I have it on good authority that YES HD will be a full time channel starting around April 1st, when the baseball season starts.

Yep, they even "whispered" that along with some of the other additions a few weeks ago, but you just put the first rumored date to it. Did you hear how many other channels MIGHT be added around that time?

I have it on good authority that YES HD will be a full time channel starting around April 1st, when the baseball season starts.

Does that mean it will be full time ON D* ? or full time on other providers ?
I really could care less seeing it impossible for me to get it, nor would I want it, I get forced enough Yankee baseball as it is.
Wasn't there some sort of marrage between the Yankees and ESPN ....
just kidding, but there always on there.

Jimbo

Oh, you are asking about non-sporting events, My guess would be no; not within the year. You could try calling YES or searching around some of the program listing sites to see if the shows are produced in HD.

I mean specifically shows on the YES Network. Would Mike & the Mad Dog, Yankeeography, Centerstage etc. make the transition to HD since the channel will be going fulltime?

That I don't know. In fact, D* may not carry it full time right away. I know that my local cable company will be, so it seems likely that D* will also. As far as the programming, I suspect it will be like NESN HD, with in studio in HD and much of the rest "non sport" material upconverted sd.

I mean specifically shows on the YES Network. Would Mike & the Mad Dog, Yankeeography, Centerstage etc. make the transition to HD since the channel will be going fulltime?

I know Chris Russo mentioned something about the M&tMD set being moved to the TV broadcast center in Conn., I think that's where it is, and that blindsided Mike. I think a Sports talk show really doesn't need to be HD, unless they're planning on changing the set and format of the show.

The channel is on full time now on Charter cable. Not always HD of course but much better than watching the analog channel.

How can I find out what zip codes are eligible for YES HD?

YESHD - Conus or spotbeamed?

Does anyone know if YES HD, usually shown on channels 96 or 97, will be spotbeamed or on Conus?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)