HR20-700 Dual Inputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Twink_23

Original poster
May 10, 2014
Dallas
I'm a newbie so any assistance is appreciated. I'm trying to split a single line into two so I can watch one channel and record another. The equipment I've got is: Satellite WNC Model-AU9 with a single coax going to an HR20-700 receiver. I've tried both a Terk BMS-34 and an Antronix HS-3A but couldn't get either to work. Anyone know if this is possible and which splitter would work???

I'm a newbie so any assistance is appreciated. I'm trying to split a single line into two so I can watch one channel and record another. The equipment I've got is: Satellite WNC Model-AU9 with a single coax going to an HR20-700 receiver. I've tried both a Terk BMS-34 and an Antronix HS-3A but couldn't get either to work. Anyone know if this is possible and which splitter would work???
No, no sort of splitter will work. With the older non-SWM technology like the AU-9, you need a separate cable from the dish to each tuner.
If you want a single line connection to a DVR, you have two options:
1. Run four cables from the dish to an SWM8 multiswitch (with power inserter), then you can run a single cable to the HR20.
2, replace the dish with an SWM dish (either a 3lnb or a 5lnb, depending on whether you need the 119 satellite)

:welcome to Satelliteguys Twink_23!

Texasbrit's advice is spot on. The AU9 is the older type ka/ku dish. You need the AT9 dish. The easiest way is to use a swm lnb with that dish and one cable from the dish to a power inserter to the HR20. That will let you do what you want to.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Twink_23!

Texasbrit's advice is spot on. The AU9 is the older type ka/ku dish. You need the AT9 dish. The easiest way is to use a swm lnb with that dish and one cable from the dish to a power inserter to the HR20. That will let you do what you want to.

That's backwards actually. The au9 is a slimline. He just needs a swm lnb with power inserter or to run a second line.

The at9 was the sidecar dish your thinking of. Btw... thanks for making me realize how long I've been a tech since I started when the au9 was just being released and was actually trained on the at9

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You are correct! I got it backwards. Not the first time, not the last. Keep me in line! :)

You are of course correct. The AT9 is the older dish, the AU9 is the new one, so just replacing the LNB with an SWM LNB and adding the power inserter is all that is needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts