Hr20 700 Dvr At9 Dish Setup I Haven't Seen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cw18306

Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
HR20 700 DVR AT9 Dish Setup I Haven't Seen...HELP!

Hi, I have the HR20 700 DVR currently hooked up to a 3LNB dish. D* is coming to install the AT9 tomorrow. I do not have any other receivers to hook up.

This is my cable situation. My house is wired for cable, but I ONLY have a SINGLE cable input coming out of my wall face plates. I have a DI-PLEXER attached to it and run 1 cable to the TV antenna, and 1 cable to the DVR's SAT1 input. I know I will need to run a 2nd cable to the SAT2 input on the DVR.

How can I run 3 coax cable's to the DVR with only 1 cable input on the wall face plate? I do not want to drill holes in the floor or walls. Is there a way around this? Thanks!

Last edited:
You need to pull another cable in the wall, along with the existing cable. Then you use a 2-outlet wall plate.

Not to mention, it is likely your diplex will not longer work once the AT9 is installed, if not now, later when it goes full capacity, so you will need 2 feeds from the dish to your DVR and another for OTA (not diplexed).

Thanks guys. I was worried about that. I have a video/network hub, that is a juction box, my phone and cable lines feed through. I have 4 different rooms all wired in 1 box. Each is fed through a 2" pvc tube. Unfortuately, both the telco and coax that run to all face plates are braded together...Grrrrrrrr!!!!! Any advice?

Last edited:
I got it. I had to go under the house. My cable, phone, and data lines feed through a pvc tude directly under each face plate in each room! :eureka All I need to do is run the lines under the house and add both SAT line up and attach them! Silly me...:lol !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)