Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Hey guys I've been having problems with my receiver for a while now. The receiver is not very responding. When I change channels it can take up to 6 seconds, when I try to pull the menu it takes 5 seconds... I've rebooted my receiver several times but no help... Any idea what this could be and is anyone having this issue?

Hey guys I've been having problems with my receiver for a while now. The receiver is not very responding. When I change channels it can take up to 6 seconds, when I try to pull the menu it takes 5 seconds... I've rebooted my receiver several times but no help... Any idea what this could be and is anyone having this issue?

Are you using an external hard drive and is it fairly full? Sometimes that will slow down the response time.

No I am not using any external hard drives. My receiver is stock.
I wiped my recordings and the receiver is still slow....
I thought that might have caused the slowness, but thats not it.

Re:

My HR20-700 has been dog slow for some time now. Not so much when changing channels, but when trying to bring up the guide and going into my playlist. I timed it: 7 seconds from the time I push the guide button to the time I see anything show up on the screen. I called D* and they told me anything under 10 seconds of delay is normal. Then they tried to tell me the delay was being caused by my remote, even though I told them over and over I am measuring the delay by pressing the button on the front of the unit. Now every time I try to call back to get help with this, the rep looks at my notes and insists I have a problem with my remote. Go figure.

Lots of people have posted similar issues with delay. Even the newer units seem to have problems. This has been going on for some time now. Time for D* to either fix the problem, or let their customers know about the obvious design flaw.

Dan

Man DTV is full of s****t.
I have 2 remotes and same results.
Its been working fine for few years now.
Do you know if I can get a replacement for a new DVR? My contract is up......I should be able to twist their arms if it ever comes down to that. I am not going to wait 7+ seconds to pull up guide or nearly 5+ seconds to change channels.
I am super annoyed right now. I hate to turn on my TV and deal with it. I have Sunday Ticket and changing between channels is a pain in the ass when it takes forever to change channels.

Man DTV is full of s****t.
I have 2 remotes and same results.
Its been working fine for few years now.
Do you know if I can get a replacement for a new DVR? My contract is up......I should be able to twist their arms if it ever comes down to that. I am not going to wait 7+ seconds to pull up guide or nearly 5+ seconds to change channels.
I am super annoyed right now. I hate to turn on my TV and deal with it. I have Sunday Ticket and changing between channels is a pain in the ass when it takes forever to change channels.

If you call and tell them the dvr is dead and they agree to replace it, you will get no additional commitment. The problem is that they may send you another HR20. You may have to pay shipping if you don't have the protection plan. My HR20 acts similarly. Is 5 or 7 seconds really that big of a deal in the overall scheme of things if the dvr does everything else well?

Disconnect your network connection and do a reset. I had serious lag issues and removing the network cable had helped tremendously.

Rao, no, everything I do with the DVR is slow as ******....
I've disconnected my network cable and tried without it, the DVR is slow still.
I am not sure what else.
The DVR is not dead, not sure how I am going to explain this to DirecTV...

If you have'nt tried these already maybe they would help, it did on my HR20:
1) Do a "Menu Reset" of the HR20
2) On your remote,press and hold the "SELECT" and "MUTE" buttons. Wait for the Green lights at the top of your remote to blink twice. Then enter" 963" ,then press "CHANNEL DOWN" button. Wait for the Green light to blink 4 times. This procedure stops the IDing of the Remote to the Recv'r everytime you press a Remote button(I know it sounds weird but it seems to work for me!!)
Good Luck!

My HR20-700 was SLOW as hell and thank god it finally crapped out and the DTV tech came out to replace it with a HR24! I dont know what to do know as the HR24 is soooo much faster!

bnwrx said:
If you have'nt tried these already maybe they would help, it did on my HR20:
1) Do a "Menu Reset" of the HR20
2) On your remote,press and hold the "SELECT" and "MUTE" buttons. Wait for the Green lights at the top of your remote to blink twice. Then enter" 963" ,then press "CHANNEL DOWN" button. Wait for the Green light to blink 4 times. This procedure stops the IDing of the Remote to the Recv'r everytime you press a Remote button(I know it sounds weird but it seems to work for me!!)
Good Luck!

This also worked well on my HR20!

It doesn't work :(. Will call them tomorrow to either send a tech to fix this or get me a replacement. This is unacceptable.

you have a new hr24 how much faster r they and anything different from the hr20 my hr20 is slooow and i hate it thought alot about going to dish for there great dvr but like the channels with direct so is it worth gettin a new hr24 i was thinkin about it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts