Hr20-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have locals either. I know that when they do launch more HD, you will need the new 5LNB dish and an MPEG4 compatible receiver. You will also be required to extend your contract for two years. I simply swapped out one of my SD Tivos and put it in my bedroom. I, too, prefer Tivo. I'm getting used to the HR20 and it really is working well. I have the HR20 scheduled to record the same programs as the Tivo. As luck would have it, two of the last six American Idols stopped recording on Tivo, but the HR20 had the full program.

Aside from starting the two year clock, you probably want to beat the rush which will happen when more HD is available. With nothing pressing, installers are scheduled 2-4 weeks out. Can you imagine what the wait time will be when everybody wants a 5lnb????

I have the HR10 and really like it. I don't have any hd locals in my area yet, is there any reason to upgrad to the HR20 yet?

I was already getting HD locals on my HR10 when I traded it for the HR20, so I really had no need for it at the time either. I was really bothered to have to give up tivo. And learning the new system was not nearly as easy as learning tivo. But now that its all said and done, I think the HR20 is a better overall system, and I would definitely recommend it.

Its also noteworthy that I think the HR20 remote sucks compared to the tivo remote. But since I use a harmony universal, the transition was much easier, because I just programmed all the buttons to be the same.

For those of you lease haters out there, you can activate as owned on existing accounts if you so specify and most the time you must talk to a super to do it. but with a 90 day warranty why would you want to own the box. After DIRECTV gets the other sats launched and adds the 100 channels it would be dumb to go anywere els. I ahve had Direct for 9.5 years. I really had to fight the urge to jump to Echo after they launched the voom stations but I held on.

for the Hr20, I have not heard of anyone being able to get this marked as own, if you pay 299 it is a lease, and lease only per directv-but as rocklouder pointed out, why would you want to own-other then being able to sell it, I dont see a benefit

Status
Please reply by conversation.