New Install - RF remote compatibility ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DeuceTrinal

Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
I'm building a house, and have a DTV installer coming Monday to pull cable etc while the walls are open. Right now I'm working on locations for everything, and I have a question -

The DTV website doesn't say what receivers the RF remote will work with, just that it's available for $25. http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2700002

They will be standard receivers (not HD or DVR) , and I'd like at least 2 or 3 of the receivers to have RF remotes. I don't mind buying new remotes at all, I'm just wondering if a standard receiver in a new install (what model is being installed standard right now?) would have RF ability built in. Thanks for any help!

There are adapters to make any remote RF. The best one for you may be one that replaces a battery in your remote with a transmitter and smaller battery. This transmits to a separate unit that converts the signal back to IR for the receiver to process. I'll have to let someone else give you a link I don't have one at home.

If you have the walls open YOu could run some ir blasters using a cat5 pair. Since you have cat5 pr similar going to the jack allready for the phone connection the other pair could be used to run some ir blasters to take place of obsolete rf technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)