HR20 audio drops

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkh1978

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
Got the new slimline dish and HR20. The audio is dropping for like 5 seconds at a time (randomly). I've only noticed it on the HR20. So am I right that it is that receiver only and not the new dish? Will a firmware upgrade solve this? Do I need the receiver replaced?

definitely the problem is the receiver or the hdmi cable(if you have a hdmi cable of course).The dish is suppouse to give signal, not sound.I tell you this because I am a DTV-tech

definitely the problem is the receiver or the hdmi cable(if you have a hdmi cable of course).The dish is suppouse to give signal, not sound.I tell you this because I am a DTV-tech

the signal you recieve also has the audio portion in it as well, it could be a weak signal as well or potentially other things as well, Don't throw the receiver away just yet.
Is this happening on one perticular channel or all channels ?
OTA as well as sat ?

If you are using HDMI cable, disconnect it and use a Component and Audio cable for a little while and see if it still does it. Also, being intermittant will make it more difficult to isolate.

Jimbo

Thanks guys for the response on this. I too have watched this happen in a sports bar for the first half of the playoff game of SDO chargers, audio drops from 4 -7 seconds. I came home for the second half and experienced it there as well. My signal strength is at 90% or higher on all local HD channels.

Anyone?

Thanks guys for the response on this. I too have watched this happen in a sports bar for the first half of the playoff game of SDO chargers, audio drops from 4 -7 seconds. I came home for the second half and experienced it there as well. My signal strength is at 90% or higher on all local HD channels.

Anyone?

That being the case,I would say it's NOT an issue with the OP 's reciever, more than likely a network problem.
The OP hasen't came back to say if it was happening on different channels so I would guess that it was network related.

Not that any of you are doing this, but alot of people would be jumping on D* for this and it's probably not thier problem at all.

Jimbo

Several channels... mostly on the HD locals, but that is what I've been watching the most.

I read other people report this... I am in the DC area. Would a software upgrade fix it? Or is it hardware?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)