Why no Superstation Package??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jason B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I think this has probably been covered, but can anyone offer speculation as to why D* doesnt have the superstaion package like E*..

Thanks

They were valuable when they had MLB games. When KWGN lost the Rockies it left WWOR as the only super with games (weekends only).

They were valuable when they had MLB games. When KWGN lost the Rockies it left WWOR as the only super with games (weekends only).

WPIX has the Mets (25 games)
WWOR has the Yankees (20 games)
KTLA has the Clippers

E*'s setup evolved more directly from the old C-band big dish systems, which is where the Superstation Package (and Echostar) originated.

Charlie Ergen has kept E* more similar to C-band than D* is.

It is a huge value-add that E* has over D* for ex-NYers living in other parts of the country. I really enjoyed those 25 Mets games for only $1.50/month. I'm sure morons, I mean Yankee fans, feel the same way.

Maybe its one of those things you'll never know.

Directv doesn't want to offer them.
Once again, you're on the ball. That is precisely correct..Several years ago I saw a DTV spokesman on TV say nearly those exact words. That DTV was not intersted in providing a Superstation Package to it's subs...

WPIX has the Mets (25 games)
WWOR has the Yankees (20 games)
KTLA has the Clippers

Two main reasons why I have the SS pack...The 25 Mets games and the ability to watch the news(WWOR/WPIX) from where I grew up and despite my current address, still refer to as my "home"...

Good answers... NOT!!!!

LOL

Well what do you want fora na answer. DirecTV could offer them if they chose to but they don't. Perhaps they are qworrieda bout the blackout rules for syndex. Perhaps they just don't see a demand for it.

D* can be SO responsive sometimes.:rolleyes:
Responsive to whom?...Isn't it possible that if D* was getting many inquiries for a superstatiopn package that the management would take notice?
If so, would it be possible that there simply isn't enopugh interest from D* subs to warrant offering said package?

The superstation package from Dish are 5 channels that used to be a mix of local UPN and WB channels. Now that those two networks are blended together, of the 5 channels, three are CW and 2 are independent (I think). They are:

KTLA (From Los Angeles )

WPIX (From New York )

KWGN (From Denver )

WSBK (From Boston )

WWOR (From New York )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)