HR20 connected to 2 sets ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
My idiot question of the month but here goes. Unique situation as I have my HD projector in same room as my new LCD set. Question is, can I possibly run bot the sets off the HR20, and have a different channel showing at the same time on each? I doubt it, but would rather not have the 2nd HD receiver in the same place... THanks!!

My idiot question of the month but here goes. Unique situation as I have my HD projector in same room as my new LCD set. Question is, can I possibly run bot the sets off the HR20, and have a different channel showing at the same time on each? I doubt it, but would rather not have the 2nd HD receiver in the same place... THanks!!

You can run one with the HDMI and another with the component, but only one channel at a time.

I've tried HDMI splitters but they dont seem to work very well. At least one of the displays ends up having an issue either with dots or really screwy picture. I got them form monoprice. I just dont think you can split HDMI without something powered. Passive splitters just dont cut it.

Thanks, just wanted to see if I had to have two in the same room, I guess I do. When the NFL ST is on, I like to watch my Eagles on the Projector and another game on the LCD.

I know it Flying. Thats why I got 4 receivers. 3 are used on Sunday for my games. I got a 65" HDTV doing the primary game, a 27" over Xbox 360 which gets signal via OTA and H20, and an HR20 pumping to a 15" VGA monitor that sits next to me on the coach. Dont ask me how I do that. Keep in mind all my receivers are in the basement over 100 feet away. And I got a my laptop with slingbox but I run out of receivers. I leave my wife's Tivo alone. Gosh I need a new hobby.

GO EAGLES!!!!

Thanks, just wanted to see if I had to have two in the same room, I guess I do. When the NFL ST is on, I like to watch my Eagles on the Projector and another game on the LCD.

Do you have OTA available ?
If so, run the projector with the D* feed and the other with the OTA signal.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)