HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 CE Release 9/12

Don't worry about network services, nothing uses it yet.

If you report on 1080p - please include your TV brand/model, how it is hooked up, and if it does anything, i.e. sound but no picutre, picture but no sound, etc.

Also, try without any peripheral devices, like stereos, switches, etc.

1080p is HDMI only.

Also, report which movie you are trying.

Philips 47PFL7422 HDMI HR20-100

Everything is working fine here with 1080P. Never have had a problem once I set the native to the right resolutions. Have tried both movies.

Guide seems a little slower with this release. Channel changing also.

Mike4HDTV Are you saying that you're able to play the movie in 1080p/24 through your receiver? If so what's the model you're using because members like me and DJRob have had no success with our Denon receivers hdmi handshaking correctly with our HR's.

Don't worry about network services, nothing uses it yet.

If you report on 1080p - please include your TV brand/model, how it is hooked up, and if it does anything, i.e. sound but no picutre, picture but no sound, etc.

Also, try without any peripheral devices, like stereos, switches, etc.

1080p is HDMI only.

Also, report which movie you are trying.

Jason, here is the pm that I sent to Tom over three weeks ago. The movie for this is the Bucket List, but the newer movie does the same when tested. Also all devices are hooked up via HDMI.

This is the model of tv that I have. I have a mitsubishi WD-65731. According to the manual it accepts 1080P signals at 24hz, 30hz. and 60hz.

The Dennon AVR4306 passes through natively what is being sent.. here is the issue that im having..

A recent report key for you is: 20080823-2532
Remember bypassing the dennon audio reciver does nothing. It still does the same thing. :)

Ok, so im all downloaded... my Screen went black.. Both 720p and 1080I lights came on.. It did the DHCP hand Shake.. My TV's display went to 1080P. We went from a black screen, to a black screen with a green line that went from 1/4th of the way from the bottom and rolled down the screen. A picture of mountians appeared for a split second and looked oh so pritty... then a black screen. Pressing play, does nothing... Guess im out of luck :( Sending diag report for D*

Was able to exit out. Waiting... Waiting.... Waiting.... Ok were done.. Report Number: 20080817-214C

Now im trying again.... starting over.. DHCP hand Shake... Blue screen on tv (its waiting signal from D* box.) Both lights are lit, but the box is not outputting a 1080P signal. My tv does accept 1080P sigs, as I have 4 1080 P devices hooked up to it... Xbox360, Bluray, HDDVD, and now D* All except the D* box work flawlessly.

Trying one more time.. BTW no sound coming from the box. Now were at the blue screen again.. Awating a signal from D* box.

My setup... D* reciver ------Dennon 1080P AV Audio reciver----- Mitsubishi 1080P TV.

The Dennon AV reciver passes on what ever is coming from HDMI in its native format and only decodes the audio.

So, for now untill the next software update D*'s 1080P is not working. I do reccommend others to give it a shot.

Update: when going to a 720P channel, I was able to get it to reconize the movie.. But it has no sound and flash'es periodically like its playing but having a hard time playing the movie. It will flash for a half a second, then go black.. Then flash for a half of second more. When it does show, there is sound as I was able to just catch morgan freeman saying pat or something like that. The video quality that I am seeing from the flash's is really good, allthough if I had more than half seconds to compare I could give you a defiate.... Right now it sounds like that its drivers for the HDMI port that is causing an issue

Bob - have you tried without the denon receiver inline?

Remember all - there will be growing pains, paticence, 1080p may take a while.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that you tried without the Denon.

You've done everything you can do but wait. Did you try the second movie? It may be encoded differently.

Mike4HDTV Are you saying that you're able to play the movie in 1080p/24 through your receiver? If so what's the model you're using because members like me and DJRob have had no success with our Denon receivers hdmi handshaking correctly with our HR's.

I have a HK AV247 Receiver and Sony 40XBR2 TV. I am downloading The Bank Job now. When it finishes, it will test it out. I was able to access Channel 1080 with no problems.

BTW the first engineer to fix this gets a big sloppppppppy wettttt kiss on the cheek and a big bear hug from me :D....

Then I will buy him/her a big beer :)

I have the same problem on both movies no sound via HDMI. Movies look great and I can get sound from the optical port but nothing over HDMI.

I have the same problem on both movies no sound via HDMI. Movies look great and I can get sound from the optical port but nothing over HDMI.
Help D* fix it, create an error report, log the key here and post what model/sub model of DVR you have and what model TV.

Okay here is my report... #20080913-2A2A

I have a Pioneer PRO 151FD 60 Plasma. Using a 1.3 High Speed Belkin HDMI cable. No sound over HDMI on the 1080P Movies. I do have sound over the optical port. Tried both test movies same thing. Using a HR21 DVR.

Also, sound over HDMI works fine on all other Direct channels.

I must say the picture is STUNNING!

Even after this release the 1080p on my HR21 100 still stays that my TV doesn't support 1080p broadcast, even though it is a true 1080p JVC.

Ok guy's.
I haven't played with the Bucket List in a few weeks now.
I have a HR20-700 hooked up to my Pioneer Pro 150FD.

When I first d/l'd the Bucket List, it would play a bit and then found No Audio.
When you first turn it on the question comes up about 1080p resolution available.
My set handle both 24fps as well as 60fps so thats not an issue.

I left the message on the screen today, not choosing one or the other, everything is playing well about 15 minutes into the movie, all's well, then the massage goesd OFF the screen and I now have audio issues as in very little, a few words every few minutes.

What ever the massage is doing seems to be causing the issue.
btw, when I go back into the settings and try to change it back, it makes NO difference.

I thought they had fixed this in the latest CE, as it was working great, but I guess I just had not waited long enough.

While playing with this, I've noticed that my TV says that when the Native is OFF it's showing a 720p When it's ON it shows a 1080P signal, even though the two lights are still on, on the HR20-700.

Unfortunatly I forgot where to go to send D* a report (get the number that is).

Report code 2008914-307c

Jimbo

Last edited:
1080P

Mitsubishi WD-65732 tv. It can accept 1080P at 24, 30, and 60hz. HR20-100 receiver.

Blinking picture with audio coming when the picture is shown. I am connected straight to the tv via HDMI.

PLEASE SEND ERROR REPORTS TO DIRECTV

Jimbo, they've now put the report option under MENU/Parental, Fav's & Setup/Miscellaneous Options/Report

For anyone with ANY problems with a CE and the receiver is connected to the internet DirecTV wants you to please generate a report, and list the issue and the report ID here. For problems playing 1080p test they want the TV make and model and what resolutions the receiver says is supported, that's shown under the micellaneous options screen mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)