HR20 / HR21 / R22 Software Release 0x0251

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hancox said:
I can't believe I just responded to a Dookie with no recourse on either end - I must be losing some speed off of my fastball :)

uncrules said:
You only have to interact with a dookie on a message board. I have to work with some. NC State fans too.

Some times I ignore the lesser schools because I get bored with pointing out how much better Duke is...and not just in Basketball :D

The one thing that bothers me is the order of DVR "lists". When I change the order using the yellow button, the order does change but not permanantly.

Thanks!

this worked for me:

do a keyword search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER"-->continue-->all-->when it finds nothing press and hold the menu and info buttons on the front of the unit (not the remote) together for 2 seconds and let go.
A hidden menu will pop up and you can turn sort by on. Then go back to "My Playlist" and select the option you want and it will save.

And just an FYI, if you do the EdgeCutter search, and your HR2X is connected to the internet there will also be a new option for creating an error report when you press info/menu on the front panel. Information is collected about the state of the DVR and sent back to DirecTV. So if you run into a problem generate a report, a report key number is generated and displayed on your TV and then log the issue here in the thread for the approprate software level with the key so DirecTV can try to resolve the problem.

I'm not sure. They put out a slight revision for the CE Friday night. My guess is they wanted to make sure it looked good over the weekend and then possibly release a slightly modified version next week.

You can download the CE version tonight at 11pm if interested, see the link in my signature.

this worked for me:

do a keyword search for "IAMANEDGECUTTER"-->continue-->all-->when it finds nothing press and hold the menu and info buttons on the front of the unit (not the remote) together for 2 seconds and let go.
A hidden menu will pop up and you can turn sort by on. Then go back to "My Playlist" and select the option you want and it will save.

Worked perfectly....really appreciate the help, it was bugging the hell out of me!:)

Please remember to generate an error report for all you folks that are rebooting your receivers that are hung if the HR2X is connected to the internet.

If you don't know about how to do it:

- You first need to have the EdgeCutter backdoor enabled. If you haven't do that yet do a "Search For Shows", then do a keyword search for iamanedgecutter using "All" as the subcatagory. The search will end up not finding anything but the backdoor is now enabled.

- Press MENU and INFO at the same time on the front panel, this brings up a hidden menu. Select report and the box will gather some info and send it to DirecTV via the internet connection and display a KEY number. Please put that KEY number in the problem report here. You can do this once every 24 hours or until the HR2X is rebooted.

I have yet to get the new software update for my hr21. I live in Aalabama.

There was a rumor that D* stopped the rollout of the 0x251 software due to problems being reported, that's why last weekend was another national release candidate for CE testing.

Please remember to generate an error report for all you folks that are rebooting your receivers that are hung if the HR2X is connected to the internet.

If you don't know about how to do it:

- You first need to have the EdgeCutter backdoor enabled. If you haven't do that yet do a "Search For Shows", then do a keyword search for iamanedgecutter using "All" as the subcatagory. The search will end up not finding anything but the backdoor is now enabled.

- Press MENU and INFO at the same time on the front panel, this brings up a hidden menu. Select report and the box will gather some info and send it to DirecTV via the internet connection and display a KEY number. Please put that KEY number in the problem report here. You can do this once every 24 hours or until the HR2X is rebooted.

As of software release 250 a new report can be created after 1 hour.

This Release did not complete it;xs Rollout. The latest release is Ox255. Both Release has lots of Problems!

So there are problems with the Ox255 firmware? I received mine on wed night. Is there a fix comming? I don't see any issues yet.

This Release did not complete it;xs Rollout. The latest release is Ox255. Both Release has lots of Problems!

How can you say that?

The switch from 0251 to 0254 (or 0255 depending on model) is to address minor issues. This software has been in testing for several weeks, but large groups of users.

I personally use it on 3 receivers with no issues. When minor issues are found, they address them quickly, which is why there was a change in software rather quickly during the rollout. That is the exact reason they use a staggered rollout system.

I can assure everyone: Both releases do NOT have lots of problems.

If you personally have a problem, you should post about it so it can be examined, instead of a blind post regarding lots of problems.

How can you say that?

The switch from 0251 to 0254 (or 0255 depending on model) is to address minor issues. This software has been in testing for several weeks, but large groups of users.

I personally use it on 3 receivers with no issues. When minor issues are found, they address them quickly, which is why there was a change in software rather quickly during the rollout. That is the exact reason they use a staggered rollout system.

I can assure everyone: Both releases do NOT have lots of problems.

If you personally have a problem, you should post about it so it can be examined, instead of a blind post regarding lots of problems.

No problems here on my HR21-100. Last night I was changing channels and guide WITHOUT pointing to the receiver. Not sure if the update had anything to do with that or not. It did make me forget about my 622 for a minute though.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)