HR20 keeps loosing Recordings, Favs, Prioritizor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
My HR20-700 when ever the power goes out, or the system resets, all settings are lost, all favs list reset, even the favs list names reset to CUSTOM 1 and 2, All recordings delete, all shows set to record delete, the prioritizers delete.

Anyone have this issue and know what maybe wrong.

If you constantly have power outages, address that issue at once. Low or high voltage will affect all recievers with what you're experiencing. If it's not an electrical issue, then try defragging your hard drive. Do this: Unplug the reciever at the power source. After twenty seconds, power it back up. As soon as the blue dial lights up, press the down arrow and record key on the reciever for about 40 seconds untill the record button turns on, then release the keys. let the reciever do its thing and once the blue "hello" screen pops on, type in 02468 on the remote control key pad; don't press enter. Let the reciever reboot like normal. If this doesn't fix it, replace the reciever. Oh, by the way, by defragging the hard drive, you will agian loose all your settings and recordings, but it should work correctly fom then on. Good luck!

If you constantly have power outages, address that issue at once. Low or high voltage will affect all recievers with what you're experiencing. If it's not an electrical issue, then try defragging your hard drive. Do this: Unplug the reciever at the power source. After twenty seconds, power it back up. As soon as the blue dial lights up, press the down arrow and record key on the reciever for about 40 seconds untill the record button turns on, then release the keys. let the reciever do its thing and once the blue "hello" screen pops on, type in 02468 on the remote control key pad; don't press enter. Let the reciever reboot like normal. If this doesn't fix it, replace the reciever. Oh, by the way, by defragging the hard drive, you will agian loose all your settings and recordings, but it should work correctly fom then on. Good luck!
Why can't DTV just tell us these things? What do we have to do to get this kind of info out them? Waterboarding? Tasers? I just got my HR20 and the 5LNB dish installed less than two weeks ago. I set up the receiver to work with my home network and while it was connected to the web, I could not get the VOD to download anything. During the phone call to DTV to complain, the computer voice instructed me to 'Press one to activate VOD'. Guess what? That actually worked! But nowhere on the DTV website for VOD does it say you have to call them to activate it! Are they trying to find new and creative to make us mad and drive away customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)