HR20 Network Capability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdp1116

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
With the new update you also get the network option in the setup menu, so i went ahead and hooked it up and it found the network and it has an ip. but my question is whats the point of this? is this something that dtv will be usuing in the coming months?

Could be a nifty and convenient way to provide an alternative to having to hook up your DVR to the phone line, and have it get its updates/call home thru the 'net. One can only hope...

It could also conceivably turn the DVR into a media center of sorts to find files on your home network to play through it... pure speculation but two likely options.

It's used for the music and photo sharing part of the HR20. You can use a Viiv PC or WMP 11 or even 3rd party programs. I think some have even gotten it to hook up to a Mac. Check DBSTalk for tons of details. This has all been enabled for about a month now or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)