HR20 not getting past first Sat check

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yellowbeard

Original poster
May 4, 2008
I posted something about this over in the discussion thread about the lastest software update, so forgive me if you've read it, but I sure could use advice:

I've been having some problems with my HR20 for a while:

frequent short freezing during live broadcasting
major problems viewing recorded content with similar freezing/pixellization issues
problems with the remote and guide functions

That is, I was having these problems until last night, when my HR20 ceased to function entirely. I rebooted several times, but it won't go past the first "downloading information from the satellite" screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am also suddenly getting a lot of HDD noise, so maybe that's what's wrong.

The box is owned, not leased, so I am screwed in terms of service. Has anyone had any luck replacing the HDD in these? If so, do I have to get information off of the old HDD for that to work or can I just replace it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I posted something about this over in the discussion thread about the lastest software update, so forgive me if you've read it, but I sure could use advice:

I've been having some problems with my HR20 for a while:

frequent short freezing during live broadcasting
major problems viewing recorded content with similar freezing/pixellization issues
problems with the remote and guide functions

That is, I was having these problems until last night, when my HR20 ceased to function entirely. I rebooted several times, but it won't go past the first "downloading information from the satellite" screen.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am also suddenly getting a lot of HDD noise, so maybe that's what's wrong.

The box is owned, not leased, so I am screwed in terms of service. Has anyone had any luck replacing the HDD in these? If so, do I have to get information off of the old HDD for that to work or can I just replace it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This box is OWNED ???
Did you pay $ 850 for it ?
Was this the one you were talking about buying from EBAY ?
The sub that sold it to you probably leased it and you bought his headache.
Lots of info about not buying rec's from ebay.

What kind of signal strength do you have on your sats ?

I haven't had any issues with my HR20-700 in ages (hope I didn't just curse myself)

Pixalation can be caused by poor signal quality need more info, is it happening on HD channels, SD channels, OTA channel, Local delivered by D* channels ?

If it's a dish pointing issue, D* will come out and retune it for free if you have the protection plan and they did the install.

Jimbo

Call Tech support and see what help they can give you sounds like the service plan is in your future or maybe another (buyer beware)EBAY purchase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LCD Arm Mount

DVR Recordings-Will they still be available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)