HR20 Out of Stock?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Installers dont have to call, But the customer does have a right to call Directv to complain if the installer does not show up within the time frame. Yet the installers on this site bitch about the same customers for doing so. The customers dont know or care about the inner workings between Directv and the installation companies, All the customer wants is what they have been told at the time they were told it would happen. I think the installers think the customer has nothing better to do than sit around and wait for a installer who might or might not show up. I DO have to take time off work for the installations. It might not be the installers fault BUT its definitly not the customers fault.

I cancelled with Directv today. They just could not get their install times coordinated with the local install company. I'v enow wasted two days on this. The funny thing is not two minutes after I cancelled with Directv, the installer called me to ask me how to get to my house.:rolleyes: I hate to say that if this is how they usually do business they will start loosing lots of customers. I am sure that this is not true across the board, and I know the installer is mostly to blame, but it looks like I'm sticking with E*.

Mtnmike said:
Last time I checked they do installs seven days a week. I guess you must never have a day off. Sounds like you might be an installer.
HA HA your funny though. Down here in Ft Lauderdale they (Mastec) doesnt work Sundays - At least thats what Directv told me. You might want to check again:confused: And when I do sit and wait, They better show up between the time window they told me !

Mtnmike said:
Up here in Colorado Ironwood does installs seven days a week except holidays.
Here in New Jersey, Ironwood works seven days a week but only actually show up on 4 of them. I had 3 missed appointments/no shows from ironwood.
Dont know if directv took notice but ironwood was a major installer for installs inc who used to install for that compaby called Voom, we all know how that went !

When installers work, and what they do when they get there, depends upon how committed they are to having no complaints placed with DTV. Some care a lot, some don't seem to care at all.

My three installers since July have all been excellent. They come from 100 miles away and cover a lot of territory. I have nothing but praise for them.

It is true that Best Buy is sold out of the HR20-700. You can call DTV and get one ... the reason for the delay is not that the unit is not available. You may get in install two day after calling DTV CIS for the order. You may have to wait several weeks. Its not that the HR20 is out of stock - DTV now requires all Techs to be trained in HD before they will allow them to do an HD instal. Good things come to those who wait. I'd rather wait for in install than have somone who has no clue what he/she is doing come to do the install.

Circuit City now has the HR20. I picked one up there today since Ironwood called half way through my install window and canceled. At least Ironwood should call the day before, if they are out of stock....

Ironwood is horrible. They cancelled on my twice and then the installer ran the exterior cables and left everything else to me. I installed the dish in the location the tech told me to and also did the receivers/activation myself. I also pointed it, but cannot get all the Satellites to come in so none of my HD channels will come in. I've spent a lot of time moving the darn dish to try and pick up the satellites need for HD, but can't get them. I complained to DirecTV since my "FREE" installation was performed by me and Ironwood is coming out again tomorrow (four days after the third appointment) to correctly point the dish. I don't think they'll have any better luck. They should have complete the job the first time. :mad:

bigmike said:
Ironwood is horrible. They cancelled on my twice and then the installer ran the exterior cables and left everything else to me. I installed the dish in the location the tech told me to and also did the receivers/activation myself. I also pointed it, but cannot get all the Satellites to come in so none of my HD channels will come in. I've spent a lot of time moving the darn dish to try and pick up the satellites need for HD, but can't get them. I complained to DirecTV since my "FREE" installation was performed by me and Ironwood is coming out again tomorrow (four days after the third appointment) to correctly point the dish. I don't think they'll have any better luck. They should have complete the job the first time. :mad:

You have a huge complaint here that I hope doesn't go unrecognized. If there is a central phone number to Ironwood (not your local Ironwood since they are the problem), you should complain to them. YOU should not have to have done anything. When the guy installed my 5LNB dish, all I did was hold the ladder for him as he went up to the roof. This was the 3rd visit that I've had from Ironwood since I've been with D* and holding the ladder still was the most I've ever done to help (other than offering something to drink for their hard work).

hdtvtechno said:
Call Directv and get an Programming Credit, for your missed day off work.... ;)

I did! Got $20.00 :up Not much but something.

I also called Ironwood today to get on the cancellation list for the dish install. You would think that with all the canceled appointments becaues of no HR20's I could just get the dish installed before 9/27. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts