hr20 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
my hr20/100 internal fan started making noise night before last. i checked and it was dusty, dunno why my wife can't dust under stuff but that is another issue. Anyway i cleane dit and it quieted down for a while. but last night the hum came back so i knew the fan was going out. Tonight when i got home as soon as i turned it on it had the message saying the RX was too hot and would shut down if it did not cool off. so i put a desk fan blowing thru the sides and got it to stay working. i'm sure D won't send a tech out to repair the fan, so will they just ship me a replacement DVR or does a tech have to come diagnose it and give me one off the truck? Since we now have locals i don't have to have the OTA capability, so what is the likely replacement i would get? or is that a crap shoot?

this is a leased RX, so the next question is will they replace it for free now or do i need to let it cook before i call them?

You answered your own question in the last sentence! Actually, with the fan going, they may replace it with no issues. A call to Directv would solve that. You could just change out the fan yourself, they are cheap. Another possibility is a usb fan. Just sit it on the top vents.

they came out about 5 months ago to do a free upgrade when got locals. i got a HR24, think that is what it is the black DVR anyway, for the bedroom. they changed the LNB to the 1 wire style and connected this HR20 and the bedroom to that dish, my SD units are all still on the original 18" oval dish i put up myself. they did not have a proper multiswitch to make my SD units work as they are all DVRs with 2 inputs, otherwise they would have moved those over then.

speaking of that, the old bedroom DVR is still sitting there. the installer said D would send a return box for it, yet they never did. and so far they have never charged me a non-return fee. i hope calling about this won't trigger that.

yeah it is the one that came out after the original Directivo units were dropped. i know i've had it 7 years now, seems like i may have even had it at my old house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)