HR20 problems recording, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bucks_fan

Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
strongsville, ohio
I installed a new hr20 a few weeks ago. I am having a few issues, the most bothersome is that it is NOT recording many of the shows that are set up in the scheduler and it is not due to conflicting shows. there are no other shows scheduled at these times. Also if a show does record and I choose not to delete after watching or choose to KEEP it, the show often still disappears from My VOD. We have "lost" many shows because of this. Is anyone else having these problems and are there any solutions?? Does anyones caller ID function work on their HR20?? Is my HR20 defective??

I installed a new hr20 a few weeks ago. I am having a few issues, the most bothersome is that it is NOT recording many of the shows that are set up in the scheduler and it is not due to conflicting shows. there are no other shows scheduled at these times. Also if a show does record and I choose not to delete after watching or choose to KEEP it, the show often still disappears from My VOD. We have "lost" many shows because of this. Is anyone else having these problems and are there any solutions?? Does anyones caller ID function work on their HR20?? Is my HR20 defective??

This is interesting,
I have had NONE of the problems you have mentioned.
As for conflicting show problem, that should not really happen, seeing you have 2 tuners to record from, unless of course your trying to do 3 at the same time.

I have noticed for exemple if I want to record like the ST short cuts, I record them because they are on at such weird times. you have to go to the exact time and tell it to record then. like if I set it up at 8am, it will say Steelers short cut on the screen ahead of time at 8am, but I cannot set it to record then, you have to go to the 3am time that it is listed, I oriiginally thought it would find it seeing thats the only thing on at that time.
But other than that, Make sure the program is set so under DELETE, to KEEP TILL I DELETE. and that should work for you.
My caller ID seems to work perfectly too.

Suggestion, you may have done this already, try the RESET button , behind the access door, and let it reset maybe that will help, this will reset the unit and have a fresh start.
Do you have this trouble all the time ? (not recording shows) as in can you make it happen, so you would know if it is corrected ?

As for the Caller ID, are you sure the CID is turned on, there is a spot to turn it on and off... Go to Caller ID, select, when you see the call log, at the top, there is a Notification tab, go to it and see if it is ON or OFF.

Jimbo

I did change the option to KEEP UNTIL I DELETE just the other day, I will see if the helps but I was nowhere near capacity so I did not think that the receiver would get rid of the shows; TIVO box never did that. As for caller ID, I had it turned on and a message would pop up saying that I need to subscribe to service with my provider...ok I have caller ID service and it did work at one time because I have 1 number listed in the log. I may try to reset the receiver. Will this affect the scheduler?

I did change the option to KEEP UNTIL I DELETE just the other day, I will see if the helps but I was nowhere near capacity so I did not think that the receiver would get rid of the shows; TIVO box never did that. As for caller ID, I had it turned on and a message would pop up saying that I need to subscribe to service with my provider...ok I have caller ID service and it did work at one time because I have 1 number listed in the log. I may try to reset the receiver. Will this affect the scheduler?

Resetting the unit should not affect the scheduling, it's not like reformatting, you do that a different and more complicated way.
Also, check the obvious, and make sure you have the phone line plugged in still ansd that there is dial tone getting to it.
I know it's obvious, but you never know.
On my older H-10 from time to time I'll get the "Call your phone company " message but it usually doesn't do it but once.

Let use know how it works out.

Jimbo

My wife was recording a special live episode of Ghost Hunters last night and went to bed about 30 minutes into the show and when we went to watch it today, it was nowhere in my VOD either. I am nowhere near the max capacity of my drive yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)