HR20 problems recording, two of them, input please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 25, 2006
1. On a few occasions, frequent, on 30 local news only, it either freezes near the beggining or I can't the show to play. Sometime I can hit the quick replay or FF it through the point and it will work and sometimes it just never will, it just freezes or the sound quites working and never comes back.

2. Tonigh I set the hockey nigh in Canada opener to tape, came home and was wacthing it, half way through while enjoying the game, it just automatically went to live TV and deleted my recording halfway through the 2nd period. I absolutely did not hit anythign as the remote was on the nightstand. I did not see the bar at the bottom to see if it had just stopped recording halfway through the game as in DTV messed up on the guide but generally those games are set on the guide to run for 6 hours, not 1.5, but even if it had the box generally prompts you when it reaches the end of ther recording as to whether you want to delete the recording or not.

Anyone else have problems like this?

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
geaux1 said:
1. On a few occasions, frequent, on 30 local news only, it either freezes near the beggining or I can't the show to play. Sometime I can hit the quick replay or FF it through the point and it will work and sometimes it just never will, it just freezes or the sound quites working and never comes back.

2. Tonigh I set the hockey nigh in Canada opener to tape, came home and was wacthing it, half way through while enjoying the game, it just automatically went to live TV and deleted my recording halfway through the 2nd period. I absolutely did not hit anythign as the remote was on the nightstand. I did not see the bar at the bottom to see if it had just stopped recording halfway through the game as in DTV messed up on the guide but generally those games are set on the guide to run for 6 hours, not 1.5, but even if it had the box generally prompts you when it reaches the end of ther recording as to whether you want to delete the recording or not.

Anyone else have problems like this?
I. Is this locals your recording via D* Mpeg2 or 4 and where are you in relationship to mpeg 4 (what city)

2. Is the Prioritize menu set ? as it you want something else to record that takes precidence, is your HD filled up ?, there are several reasons why this may happen listen in the user guide, I remember reading, but I don't have it handy at the moment. Take a look...

btw, Last we knew, you were dead set against D* and leaving as soon as possible ......soon must not have come yet ?

geaux1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 25, 2006
answers

I. Is this locals your recording via D* Mpeg2 or 4 and where are you in relationship to mpeg 4 (what city)

The SD signal, though I do get it in MPEG 4, I am using the old SD feed that runs on the channel next to it just to save disk space. I am in Memphis so I aqm assuming they are MPEG 4 as I needed the 5lnb to get them but I am using the old SD channel as I said.

2. Is the Prioritize menu set ? as it you want something else to record that takes precidence, is your HD filled up ?, there are several reasons why this may happen listen in the user guide, I remember reading, but I don't have it handy at the moment. Take a look...

I don't know that that is but will take a look, but it must be set because when I set things or look on my info on a show it tells me what priority it is set on, is there a way to turn that off? I just assume when you set a season recording that was something that happened automatically. But even so I don;t think that is it for these reasons:

1. Box is only a little over a week old and it is not close to full.

2. My season passs stuff I watch pretty regulalry.

3. The thing just stopped halfway through the game and deleted automatically and nothing was set to record at the time or was recording ( but I will turn that off if I can, I just want the oldest to delete as the disk fills up).

btw, Last we knew, you were dead set against D* and leaving as soon as possible ......soon must not have come yet ?

i was, when i called to cancel my service retention said they wouold give me hundreds in credits, I said I did not care about that anymore, I just wanted Directech never to come to my house again, they asked when Comcast was coming, I told them the day after tommorow and I was not taking time off work so they would have to come after hours and no Directech or never and when I got off was near dark so it was probably too late anyway (to which several on here laughed at me) retention got Directech on the phone and told them to do it and to pay a sub and threataned them somehow, and that night with spotlights a sub who was great showed up and did it, DTv called me back and gave me a credit eqult to the price of what I woudl have payed for the ST and SF which they had already given me for free and free CI and an extra 100 buck credit and apologized. I had been a customer since 96, at a very high level, I just wanted my stuff to work, I had quite getting credits from them some 4 weeks ago, not becasue I was being told no, but because I quite asking, I just did not care, I wanted the stuff working. teh bottom line is Directech are fools here in the Memphis area, and that is what I have heard from numerous customers, the subcontractor and the DTV higher up who called me and got them on the phone and made them get a subcontractor to my house that night. I need a new roof next summer so I worked out a deal with the sub where I will pay them to come remove and replant the dish on my roof and DTv said they will just credit me whatever it costs when it's done. I gave the guys a couple of bottle of jack each for their professional and great work who came out. I never said DTV IMo had anything but the best product overall through hsitory, maybe not right now in HD in this snapshot in time I agree, but overall since 94 they have and I am confident they will. Do I know for a fact? No, but we will see in a few years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)