HR20 Program Recording - can I do this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seed

Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Hello,

I am getting an HR20 installed this weekend and I have a question on how I can record certain shows/movies. In the past on my Replay TV and Tivo DVRs I have been able to search for movies made in the 30s, 40's 50s..etc...through some back door methods. I was wondering if this is possible with the HR20 HD DVR? I love classic old movies and having the ability to search for these types of movies is of benefit. Any ways to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

You can search by Title, Person, Keyword or Channel. I just ran a few tests and sure enough, it found older movies. Example, typed 1940 and found movies based on 1940's Hollywood.

Search Question - HR-20

Hi there,

I know I can search by individual year, but I was wondering if I can search for all the movies in the 40's on the HR 20 I can search my HR-250 by typing in 194* and it gets me all the movies with 194x, so it is very easy to search. I then programmed that as a Wishlist. I really do not want to search each individual year every time.

Anyone have any bright ideas or knows how to do a general search for movies made in the 40's, 50's or whenever?

Thanks!

I don't think you can do that. Recently, I have seen the year often not even showing up in the movie description, which is a real bummer.

I subscribed to AccessDirecTV and that solved all my problems. The magazine is very well laid-out for movie viewers.

Got to TCM in the guide and highlight the name of the channel all the way on the left side of the guide and hit info then you can scroll through the movies for the month. Repeat with AMC etc.
That's the only way I know of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts