HR20 - Release in August (LA to be the first)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They better not try to charge $99 for the new receivers...

I am waiting for the OTA tuner to go active and till they offer a free replacement for the HDTivo's. Someone said beings I own my Tivos I will get to keep them is that true? If so I will use its OTA tuner and get the HR20 earlier maybe. Or will they take the HDTivo to make the new HR20 free?

Alvarez said:
They better not try to charge $99 for the new receivers...

I am waiting for the OTA tuner to go active and till they offer a free replacement for the HDTivo's. Someone said beings I own my Tivos I will get to keep them is that true? If so I will use its OTA tuner and get the HR20 earlier maybe. Or will they take the HDTivo to make the new HR20 free?
You will have your choice, if you have a deal of trying to get the HR20-700 for free, I would expect them to want your HR10-250 in exchange...
If you want to keep your HR10-250, you can do that , just let them know, also see what they will offer you when keeping the TIVO DVR unit and leasing the HR20-700.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
You will have your choice, if you have a deal of trying to get the HR20-700 for free, I would expect them to want your HR10-250 in exchange...
If you want to keep your HR10-250, you can do that , just let them know, also see what they will offer you when keeping the TIVO DVR unit and leasing the HR20-700.

Jimbo

So if they take the HR10-250 the HR20-700 they give me I will own or lease?

Alvarez said:
So if they take the HR10-250 the HR20-700 they give me I will own or lease?
I don't know, but I would lean towards a lease...
I normally would want to own, and would perfer it, but if I look at the bright side, IF anything should go wrong, seeing I am leasing, that will send me a new one, at thier expense.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I don't know, but I would lean towards a lease...
I normally would want to own, and would perfer it, but if I look at the bright side, IF anything should go wrong, seeing I am leasing, that will send me a new one, at thier expense.

Jimbo

And that is why I wouldn't mind a lease if I traded in.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum......

I just purchased the Dtv HR20-600 receiver. I have seen many postings about to HR20-700 and I guess the difference is the 700 is the DVR model and the 600 is the NON DV model.

Anyway, I'm waiting for Dtv to install a new dish( I'm already a Dtv subscriber) so while I’m was waiting I could not resist and I had to open the box to my HR20. Curious, I disconnected one the cables to my existing Dtv box and connected to the HR20. I then connected both the Svideo and the component cables to the HR20 and my TV. As I expected (HR20 not yet activated) I only received channel 201(Dtv welcome channel) and 180(I think) the PPV movie line up. Compared the my current Dtv DVR the HR20 delivers an much improved picture, probably due the MEPG4 encoding but I won't go into detail since you all know more about the HR20 than I do.

However, with that said, I did stumble or discover an interesting issue. Above I mentioned that I received a picture on channel 201 and 180 using Svideo. When I swapped over to component(video3 on my tv) I got the blue screen of death. No picture, nothing. Any clues????

Additionaly, when I swapped back over to Svideo( video1 on my tv), channel 201 was fine but channel 180 displayed a message stating something to the fact that HD output( I assumed component) was not supported on that channel and I need to switch over to SD( I assumed Svideo). When I selected OK( to switch) I got a picture.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this common? Any ideas????????

HR20 is the HD DVR the -xxx at the end of HR20 designates the company that makes it.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum...... I just purchased the Dtv HR20-600 receiver. I have seen many postings about to HR20-700 and I guess the difference is the 700 is the DVR model and the 600 is the NON DV model.

OOPS, my bad. I have the H20 NOT HR20.

You mentioed MPEG4 , what you were looking at was a mpeg2 signal, not mpeg4, you cannot get the mpeg4 signal until the 5 lnb is set up and the rec. is activated and there are mpeg4 signals available in your area.
Do you have MPEG4 signals activated where you are ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts