Hr20-?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
After los issues after moving north of Denver, I have resolved those issues. I have been away from D* for 5mo and haven't kept up with the HR20 and how it performs but have been reading here lately and have some questions. I see an HR20-700S for sale at CC for $300. But it also says a $4.99 a month lease fee applies. I know I'm probably rehashing old stuff but bare with me. Would it be better to just lease this unit from D*? I bought my HR10-250 from Weekness with upgraded harddrives and still plan to use it. After I upgrade my HD CRT TV with something bigger my wife will get the CRT and the HR10-250. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and lease or buy the HR20 now or wait till I get the new TV. Any thoughts are appriciated.--Ray

Call D* up and tell them you have an hr10-250 which you own and wish to upgrade to the hr20. You might pick up one for $99 thru them. If you don't get anywhere then ask for cancellation dept. Tell them you don't want to pay $$$$ when you can get one (HD DVR) from E* for free. See what they offer you... Also it might help to get starz etc.. Say you are wanting as much HD content you can get your hands on. Say look I am going to be spending alot on subscriptions and don't like the fact you have to pay hundreds to upgrade hardware. Basically you feel forced to get new hardware in order to get the new HD channels. etc.. etc.. I bet you get a deal... Once you get installed then cancel the premiums if you wish.. You will NEVER own the HR20 .. The "fee" you pay is an upgrade fee. Then they hit you with a monthly lease fee and DVR fee. Once you leave D* they get the HR20 back. Kinda sucks to pay hundreds then monthly just to use hardware you don't own. Sure if you actually got to OWN the hr20 it would cost around $900 I am sure.

Some people who go the upgrade route have their HR10-250 taken away by the installer...some don't. The idea of the free upgrade is a product swap, not adding an additional DVR. So if you want the wife to be happy, might want to approach it from a outright lease/buy option instead of the upgrade...would hate to lose the HR10-250 because the installer takes it back with him. But then again, you might get lucky! Good luck and keep us posted!

Yes, but I don't know if that requires the Protection Plan. But for $5/month, it is worth it to cover all equipment and helps when arranging for future upgrades, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts